Finally my new system as of......now!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Good thanks. The tv is amazing. Have it on the wall where the pioneer was. Hd film looking good from sky. Watched bits and pieces of blu ray to test. Certainly seems sharper than my pio picture.

Forgot to take the serial number off the back for the 5 yr warranty and extra specs..... Doh!!! Will need to get another pair of hands to take off the wall again as there is no copy of the serial number in the paperwork.

Will let you all make up your minds on the size/size of room.

Pics to follow when I work out the easiest way to post from iPhone 4....

Opinions plse

Anyone with any setting changes for sky/bluray,up scaling etc moving from my old 1080i pioneer??

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

john1000000boy said:
Good thanks. The tv is amazing. Have it on the wall where the pioneer was. Hd film looking good from sky. Watched bits and pieces of blu ray to test. Certainly seems sharper than my pio picture.

Forgot to take the serial number off the back for the 5 yr warranty and extra specs..... Doh!!! Will need to get another pair of hands to take off the wall again as there is no copy of the serial number in the paperwork.

Will let you all make up your minds on the size/size of room.

Pics to follow when I work out the easiest way to post from iPhone 4....

Opinions plse

Anyone with any setting changes for sky/bluray,up scaling etc moving from my old 1080i pioneer??

Thanks

Ah nice one, great to hear.
smiley-smile.gif
With my 4s iPhone I just connect it to the laptop, save the pictures and then put them on Flickr and then on here.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Still no pics yet ... Will need to get that done soon... So far really pleased with the performance of the display. As expected hd footage is the way forward sd material is watchable but even better at a distance! Watched some sky 3d spy kids or something, enjoyable but I think that it will be a passing tech??

Needing to get my xsight touch sorted out as there is now an extra remote for powering on/off the panny. People's experiences with the remote and sky?? Would love to get the sky going straight to my tv, seems scart is the only way from my sky box?? I do have an hdmi splitter box with a button selector sitting in the wings to use between the sky box and tv, maybe an idea to get hd straight to the tv?? Where would I put this in the chain?? Bearing in my mind the display hdmi is up the wall??!!

Thanks

John

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
john1000000boy said:
S1080017.jpg
" onmouseover="undefined" onmouseout="undefined">
Hello all been busy and absent from the forum for a while.....

1000000junior has arrived.... 10 months old now and starting to get more and more mobile, my heart skips a beat when he clambers near the settup.

Grills are always on!! Thinking I need to get a cabinet with doors on the front. Nothing too expensive. Glass doors not essential either.

I have seen a nice ikea model which was more furniture than a tv cabinet,

Anyone with suggestions for a cabinet which will enclose all my equipment above bearing in mind that the tv is a little bigger than the old 42" pioneer. It's base is at the same height as above though.

Dont want unusual shapes. Open to colour/finishes as long as it fits in with the room style/decor.

Solid front doors would be fine as I could open the doors to see the amp and sources. Or fit a magic eye for the sky box and finally get round to chasing another hdmi up to the screen, meaning that the amp would only be used for movies and everyday viewing would just use the tv speakers.

Budget up to £500 but would go a higher if I really like it.

Someone on this thread previously did suggest a white unit before.

The walls are magnolia and the skirtings and doors in the room are oak

I like a slimline unit not a big antique wooden style one with big handles etc

Anything considered.

Many thanks

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
john1000000boy said:
john1000000boy said:
S1080017.jpg
" onmouseover="undefined" onmouseout="undefined">
Hello all been busy and absent from the forum for a while.....

1000000junior has arrived.... 10 months old now and starting to get more and more mobile, my heart skips a beat when he clambers near the settup.

Grills are always on!! Thinking I need to get a cabinet with doors on the front. Nothing too expensive. Glass doors not essential either.

I have seen a nice ikea model which was more furniture than a tv cabinet,

Anyone with suggestions for a cabinet which will enclose all my equipment above bearing in mind that the tv is a little bigger than the old 42" pioneer. It's base is at the same height as above though.

Dont want unusual shapes. Open to colour/finishes as long as it fits in with the room style/decor.

Solid front doors would be fine as I could open the doors to see the amp and sources. Or fit a magic eye for the sky box and finally get round to chasing another hdmi up to the screen, meaning that the amp would only be used for movies and everyday viewing would just use the tv speakers.

Budget up to £500 but would go a higher if I really like it.

Someone on this thread previously did suggest a white unit before.

The walls are magnolia and the skirtings and doors in the room are oak

I like a slimline unit not a big antique wooden style one with big handles etc

Anything considered.

Many thanks
Congratulations on the birth of your new Son I know its 10 months late . when my Son was about 18 months old I was listeng to some music and he turned the volume up the look of surprise on his face was a real picture he never touched the hifi again untill he was much older and would put on his own choice and I would have to ask him to turn it up :) sorry I can't help with unit as I never bother to keep him away from the hifi I think we may have just been lucky though

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Thank you kindly for that.....

never been good at posting pics.

So finally got my pics hosted and up of the new screen.

It has been here for just over a year now. Performance has been amazing.

Size wise I am completely used to it in our living room.

My wife couldn't understand why we needed such a huge screen. She is used to it now though.

Not calibrated I have pinched picture settings from another forum, tinkered a little and the results are stunning with hd material. Non hd is fine but varies a lot.

Where poss I watch sky hd.

Xbox 360 is now with pioneer in snug. I miss having a game in the sitting room. Especially on a big screen.

This is has been the best upgrade I have made to my system.

Thanks to son of sj for spotting the deal in Edinburgh.

John

D

Deleted member 2457

Wow! It is really nice, I love the all black to the setup. Looks great. One of the best setups I have seen! :clap:

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
his dudeness said:
looks awesome,i think these are the only pics ive seen where the tv looks huge,lovely set up. :clap:

Thanks, I don't think that the TV looks so big, yes a big change from 42" pioneer. The pictures are taken from the coffee table which I can reach with my legs from sofa.

Pan other thread said that I was sitting too far away from the screen??

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
In the first pics, the kit looked like overkill for that TV, but now it all looks in proportion. I have neither the room nor a wife with an appetite for big boxes around the house so will have to be satisfied with what I have and be a little jealous on the side.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Feral said:
In the first pics, the kit looked like overkill for that TV, but now it all looks in proportion. I have neither the room nor a wife with an appetite for big boxes around the house so will have to be satisfied with what I have and be a little jealous on the side.

I remember when 42" was the go to size for Tvs. Now 50"+ seems to be what people aim for.

The screen is a lot slimmer and has less of a frame around it. Whether that helps to make it less intrusive??

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Thought I would TRY and post some pics and update my system thread- unsuccessfully.

Picked up the Fiio E12 and connectors from Amazon on Thursday.

Went to a new store I never knew existed in Montrose- Robert Richie to pick up th B&W P7.

A great store some lovely high end kit. Saw the 65" 4K TV in the flesh for the 1st time. It was being fed native 4k from a box not up scaled blu ray. Quite impressed. Nice price too. £5000 originally down to £3700

Anyway. Initial impressions are positive with iPad Air playing spotify on extreme and highest quality.

anyone sort the above for me please....

thank you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts