Finally my new system as of......now!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
S1130006_2.jpg
Front view of the RS W12

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks cno Like what u did there. Going to try and post up some other pics, wanting input to see where further improvements can be made. Still thinking about Apple tv for the airplay function. Also still considering the rdac wireless. Not done a lot to the system since buying the iPad. I feel some purchases coming on.......

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
john1000000boy said:
Thanks cno Like what u did there. Going to try and post up some other pics, wanting input to see where further improvements can be made. Still thinking about Apple tv for the airplay function. Also still considering the rdac wireless. Not done a lot to the system since buying the iPad. I feel some purchases coming on.......

It's always good to see others spend money!

IMO. The areas that I would look at would be:

Room Acoustics - ie A rug (if there isn't one) to offset the reflectiveness of the floor.

Speaker position - they seem very close to the wall.

Sub Isolation - Auralex (preferable) or Granite

Mains Cables - On Sub, Amp and Skybox. It is worth finding out for yourself (if you haven't already done so), as the gains can be worthwhile....use ones that can be sent back eg. Clearer Audio Copperline Alpha +.

Appologies if you've tried all this, but it's worth repeating as it makes quite a difference.

Good Luck

Cno

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks again cno. I have not tried any sort of mains conditioning. Was always a little scepticle about its merits.

Soft furnishings- there is a large rug (with wooden table on) in the middle of the room directly in line with the "ideal listening position". A large, heavy set of curtains behind the sofa. The rxfx are tucked in either side of this set of curtains, which is not ideal as i side of the bipolars is firing into the curtain effectively.

The pioneer has its mcacc to compensate for room accoustics. Which may sort out a number of issues??

Thanks again

John

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
markiedee said:
That's a super nice setup you got there sub looks like it can belt out some bass.

Thanks Markiedee,

Yep very pleased with the bass although finding for the time being that less is more.... When running the mcacc calibration the Pioneer amp keeps telling me to turn the volume down on the sub. Finding that it integrates better with the fronts nicely for music if i turn it down a little further again... The Rx6's are a tight bass with not too much low end. To be honest only really use the sub for movies and very occasionally with music.

Looking back at the pics again the gear is looking rather smudged with paw prints will need to give it all a spring clean i think!!

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Anyone know of any retailers in Scotland that will allow me to home trial dacs?? WAnting to find out if they will make a difference to my system. Like the look of the Arcam rdac anf the Audiolab dac too.

I think that this will be the best way to find out if i can justify the upgrade.

Thanks

John

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Your system is looking pretty damn gorgeous! Love the look of those RX-models! I've heard this system a few times and as always Monitor Audio gets it right. You had some tips/questions fo me on my system, so I'll do the same for you: have you tried placing the center speaker to the edge of the cabinet to avoid an extra "baffle" that "muddy" the sound? Might look 'off' at first, but from a pure performance standpoint I would think it's ideal? Are you using any isolation spikes underneath?

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
RickyDeg said:
Your system is looking pretty damn gorgeous! Love the look of those RX-models! I've heard this system a few times and as always Monitor Audio gets it right. You had some tips/questions fo me on my system, so I'll do the same for you: have you tried placing the center speaker to the edge of the cabinet to avoid an extra "baffle" that "muddy" the sound? Might look 'off' at first, but from a pure performance standpoint I would think it's ideal? Are you using any isolation spikes underneath?

Thanks for the tips Ricky. Much appreciated. Never really thought about moving the centre. Will try it definitely. Watching the batmans again (the good ones- in readiness for the final episode this summer).

Was thinking about tilting the centre upwards at the front towards the listening position. I don't have isolation feet under the centre. Fitted a new kitchen and had loads of the little rubber door dampers. So stuck 4 of them on it more to protect from scratches....

Not done a lot to my settup in a while maybe need to spend some time on it....

Cheers

John

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Deposit put down on a new addition to the system. Just don't know when I can collect from the store. Cant get away as i am too busy at work. Anyone wanting to guess?

Really excited in case u couldn't tell.....

John

D

Deleted member 2457

john1000000boy said:
Deposit put down on a new addition to the system. Just don't know when I can collect from the store. Cant get away as i am too busy at work. Anyone wanting to guess?

John

Panasonic TV?
smiley-smile.gif

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
john1000000boy said:

John

Panasonic TV?
smiley-smile.gif

Correct straight off the bat gel... :beer: How do you get on with your gt50??

D

Deleted member 2457

john1000000boy said:
gel said:
john1000000boy said:

John

Panasonic TV?
smiley-smile.gif

:cheer: Congrats. Which model did you buy? I get on with the GT50 really well thanks. I really love it.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
john1000000boy said:
gel said:
john1000000boy said:

John

Panasonic TV?
smiley-smile.gif

:cheer: Congrats. Which model did you buy? I get on with the GT50 really well thanks. I really love it.

Its a TX-P65ST50B. Can't wait to pick it up.

Its going to replace my Pio in the main system(it's going to the snug next door for gaming duties for my son. )

I am sitting here wondering what a 65" screen will look like nestled on the wall. Hopefully I won't need to move my original wall bracket. As it looks like from the pics I have seen the bolt holes for wall mounting the panny are on the lower half of the back of the screen unlike the pio where it is mid mounted to the bracket.

Need a shot of my wife's car to fit it in and finish @ 3ish to get to the store before closing time.

D

Deleted member 2457

Nice! Let us know how you get on. Look forward to hearing about it and seeing some pictures.
smiley-smile.gif

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Stuck at home in snow? Bring centre forward & slifht angle. Line up the fronts. Then report back. Little room trearment too? Very nice looking system.

Thanks Robin. Old pics will need to get them updated.

Will put some new pics up before and after the install

We r not too bad for snow up here maybe 2cm or so.

Driving to Glasgow to watch rugby tomorrow hopefully make it there....

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Stuck at home in snow? Bring centre forward & slifht angle. Line up the fronts. Then report back. Little room trearment too? Very nice looking system.

Thanks Robin. Old pics will need to get them updated.

Will put some new pics up before and after the install

We r not too bad for snow up here maybe 2cm or so.

Driving to Glasgow to watch rugby tomorrow hopefully make it there....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts