Finally, my amp is here and I can start my AV install!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So after 3 weeks of waiting patiently, my Onkyo 705 is finally in stock in Watford and ready for my collection. Full steam ahead!!!!

My KEF3005SEs have been waiting there patiently for weeks!

So, any thing I should know before I install or any tips you can give me?????

Mat

A

Anonymous

I've had my 705 for a couple of weeks or so:

Do not connect the Surround speakers to the Surround Back terminals in a 5.1 set-up. The Surround Backs are for 7.1 rear speakers.

Plug the sub into the Sub Pre-Out, not the multi-channel sub connector.

Adjust the sub level before running Audyssey setup. So play a 5.1 film to get the level correct or whatever.

Run the Audyssey setup routine, it does make a difference. It'll also remove the rear 7.1 speakers for you if they aren't plugged in and remove the listening modes that aren't appropriate for a 5.1 setup, so you don't get sound drop outs when the sound goes to a missing speaker. For example it will remove the Dolby PLIIx mode leaving you PLII instead.

When running the Audyssey setup routine place the microphone facing up, preferably at ear level, preferably not on something soft.

Pre-set the listening modes. For example if you use phono inputs from a Freeview/Sky box, change the Pre-set for the analogue input to Dolby Pro-Logic II (or whatever you prefer). They default to Last Valid if I remember correctly. For example, I have changed them all to what I want, so Dolby TrueHD on the HDMI input is set to Dolby TrueHD rather than Last Valid (you'll see what I mean).

Can't think of anything else for now. Enjoy!

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
The advice from Audyssey is to use all the slots in the auto setup not just the bare minimum of three. The recommendation is that you do your main listening positions and then points three foot in front of them at the same height. Use a camera tripod.

A

Anonymous

Optical from my Sky HD box - Yes?

Does the 705 have an option menu hidden like the 605? I think it is so you can pass though the video rather than using the amp to stretch the picture?

Cheers

Mat

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Optical from the Sky and make sure that it is setup in the Sky box menu and the amplifier is set to correlate the correct Opt input with the Cab/Sat input.

Don't know about the video on the 705.

A

Anonymous

Google exactly this:

"The Official Onkyo TX-SR705 Thread (FAQ in 1st Post)"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts