final answer to long asked and debated question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Mains conditioning... Is it REALLY necessary..? something like the QED Qonduit Mains Distribution Hub do me..? also mains cables..? any input..? the original question was the above and after today and wat i've seen at the show i think i can give adefinitive answer here it goes ; today at the show every decent stand was using mains cables and a few even mains conditioning naim was using mains pioneer was using mains wilson & benesch was using mains for theyr demo and so on, so if the manufature presents theyr own products at a show with a non stock mains lead wat does that tell you ? it tells you that they know theyr products sound better with non stock mains lead .So it tells you that they work, if they didnt why would a manufacture like naim go and get mains leads from a other company ?now u can debate about this but still you'll have to find a clousable explanation for all the magior brand having mains leads on theyr sistem at a magior hi-fi show . im out

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Might have been a rather quiet show if no-one had been using mains cables...

emotion-2.gif

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
As I said in one of my other posts- In another hifi show in the late 90's ( at the same hotel ) about 1/3 of the manufactures (there where a lot more there then this weekend) were using variacs. I asked one of them why and was told that it was a cheep way of cleaning up the mains. Now it seems that the variacs have been replaced by mains conditioners (of which there are a lot more manufactures then in the late 1990's).

As for the final answer I think not........
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]

emotion-2.gif

[/quote] I SOME HOW KNEW I WAS GONNA READ THIS THIS MORNING ...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]

emotion-2.gif

[/quote]

WHAT?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts