films that make you cry

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Up

Watership Down

The Fox and The Hound

The Lion King

Actually, last time I watched Nottinghill I must confess that...for some unknown reason...frankly quite bizarre...right at the end...ach, too embarrassing, but you know what I'm trying to say !

...but the all time best ever is IMHO Cyrano de Bergerac where Depardieu reveals his feelings to Brochet as he is dying.
emotion-50.gif

Sneaky admission...I much more regularly succumb to such deplorably emotional behaviour than the OH who is, by comparison, quite hard really.
emotion-39.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:if i was slaughtered and hung for 28 days , you could call me kobe steak
emotion-4.gif

Response a) Be careful what you wish for.

Response b) Given the number of times you've posted while clearly slaughtered...

emotion-10.gif
, havnt had a drink at home for about a month now to be honest , it was fun while it lasted though , at least on this end
emotion-16.gif

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Any film where they kill the dog(s):

I Am Legend

Eight Below

Old Yella

Hachi (if you haven't seen it, do. It's class)

Etc, Etc.

But weirdly, not Marley and Me. But that's because the filmakers did such a ham-fisted attempt at pulling at the heart-strings, that I just didn't invest in it.

Non dog-death films:

Gladiator

Edward Scissorhands

Sixth Sense

A

Anonymous

martynsh1984:seven pounds got me too towards the end.

Yeah, that one got me too. How on earth did it get reviewed as a heart-warmer though? I thought it was devastatingly sad.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Bit of an odd one, granted, but during Batman Begins, the scene where Rachel learns Batman's ID always makes me a wee bit misty eyed.
emotion-10.gif

RACHEL
Wait! You could die. At least tell me your name.

BATMAN/BRUCE [paraphrasing Rachel's bon mot from 7 yrs previously]
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

RACHEL [realizing]
Bruce?

[Batman turns and leaps off the roof]

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:Bit of an odd one, granted, but during Batman Begins, the scene where Rachel learns Batman's ID always makes me a wee bit misty eyed.
emotion-10.gif

RACHEL
Wait! You could die. At least tell me your name.

BATMAN/BRUCE [paraphrasing Rachel's bon mot from 7 yrs previously]
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

RACHEL [realizing]
Bruce?

[Batman turns and leaps off the roof]

Oh yeah, gets me too that one

A

Anonymous

i cant think of a film that made me cry, does that mean there is part of my brain not functioning properly or could i be like a psycho ??

maybe my memory is just bad, trying to think if i cried at a lassie film when i was about 5 ?

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:gel:
Titanic - abit sad i know
emotion-1.gif

Probaly a cruiser thing.
emotion-21.gif

"Probaly a cruiser thing"??
emotion-4.gif

84197_1.jpg

or

futuristic-watercraft-eden-private-luxury-speed-yacht-01.jpg

???

emotion-16.gif

emotion-3.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

6th.replicant:gel:

Titanic - abit sad i know
emotion-1.gif

Probaly a cruiser thing.
emotion-21.gif

"Probaly a cruiser thing"??
emotion-4.gif
84197_1.jpg
or
futuristic-watercraft-eden-private-luxury-speed-yacht-01.jpg
???

Definetely the bottom one but bigger
emotion-21.gif
emotion-1.gif

martynsh1984

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
not a film but the end of band of brothers when major winters tells of the post war lives of his men and when the actual guys come on and talk about what they did, when their lips start to wobble im in a flood of tears.

and again not a film but the marc romanek music video for hurt-johhny cash. towards the end of the video when his wife is standing behind him and hes shaking. coupled with the lyrics it kinda hurts to watch, no pun intended.

christ i really am a softie...

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
martynsh1984:
not a film but the end of band of brothers when major winters tells of the post war lives of his men and when the actual guys come on and talk about what they did, when their lips start to wobble im in a flood of tears.

and again not a film but the marc romanek music video for hurt-johhny cash. towards the end of the video when his wife is standing behind him and hes shaking. coupled with the lyrics it kinda hurts to watch, no pun intended.

christ i really am a softie...

emotion-21.gif
+1 re Band of Brothers and Cash's Hurt.

martynsh1984:...christ i really am a softie...

Nah, not a "softie", just very non-WASP/stiff-upper-lip; I recently watched The Elephant Man in the company of an Italian and a Brazilian - almost needed to issue a flood-warning...

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
How about Persuit of happiness. Saw that in the cinema with my friends all sobing hard......Are you crying man..No..Are you?...No Hey are you crying...nah man. Good times. lol

martynsh1984

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
cinderella man as hes getting beaten to a pulp and he sees flashes of his kids. then goes on to win the fight, more a moment that made me cheer out loud but does bring a tear to the corner of my eye

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts