Film for Christmas Day

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

piobob:gwynne61:Big Aura:
surely there's only one proper Christmas fillum?!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

Most definetly
emotion-21.gif
emotion-11.gif
Lost count of the times I've seen this wonderfull film (Mke sure the Tissue box is full though
emotion-9.gif
)

and believe it or not........I haven't seen this one.

A

Anonymous

barnsleydave:piobob:gwynne61:Big Aura:
surely there's only one proper Christmas fillum?!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

Most definetly
emotion-21.gif
emotion-11.gif
Lost count of the times I've seen this wonderfull film (Mke sure the Tissue box is full though
emotion-9.gif
)

and believe it or not........I haven't seen this one.

the best xmas film bar none ...

A

Anonymous

Its great getting feedback on these forums. Not only for the what amp goes with my speakers stuff, but stuff like this too.

Tbh I never actually considered anything old or christmassy. I was looking for new and crash bang wallop.

However after all your great feedback I had a re-think. I am going to order "Its a wonderful life" and the more I think about it the more I am sure everyone is going to love it.

By the way original film costs a fiver from cd-wow. What a bargain.

A

Anonymous

i wonder if you can get , ben hur , on bluray ? still a great xmas movie ..

Sliced Bread

Ravey Gravey Davy:
JohnNewman:I'm personally looking forward to The Half Blood Prince
emotion-1.gif

If you have not already seen it at the flicks, try to curb your enthusiasm to see it, you may be a tad disappointed in comparison to the others and indeed in comparison to the book.

It was my favourite of the books, and while the film was not quite as good as the book I still really enjoyed it. Call me a big kid but I love the HP films and IMO this was a good set up for the final two part film
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

As a back up you might want to look at Coraline. Very left field.

WAWL is great but I'd also have North by Northwest, the original Robin Hood with Errol flyn and a "Matter of Life and Death" with David Niven.

KP

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
When is Pixar's Up due out on blu-ray? That's a brilliant film for everyone. Coraline is also a good call, whoever mentioned it.

I imagine Star Trek would be an essential blu-ray title, but may be a bit too violent/action-packed for your mum. GI Joe and District 9 are also out just before xmas, but the same could be argued for these as Star Trek.

A

Anonymous

I didnt see it mentioned but 'Scrooged' has to be watched over the Christmas period. If youve got any youngsters then 'A Muppets Christmas Carol' is a good bet too.I like watching cheesey comedys over Christmas too. Anything from Norman Wisdom and Jerry Lewis to Caddyshack, Uncle Buck and films in that vain.

A

Anonymous

"When is Pixar's Up due out on blu-ray? That's a brilliant film for everyone"

You can get it Region Free from http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=46483&osCsid=8 now.

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm listening to Rosemary Clooney at the moment on Spotify,so it would have to be White Christmas,i'm sure all mums love that film & you can have the tissues ready.

What a wonderful voice she had.

A

Anonymous

daveywavey18:Is Up definitely region free?

I should think so, I have had quite a few region free blu-rays from there lately and had no problems on either the PS3 or Denon transport.

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Chaps, if they haven't seen 'It's a Wonderful Life' surely it's a no-brainer?

Can't beat that for a Christmas movie for the whole family.

Word of warning, though, barnsleydave: be prepared for much blubbage all round. Plenty of tissues and a post-movie restorative tipple required.

Not sure what the ladies will need. They're usually made of sterner stuff...

A

Anonymous

Jonathan_E:
Chaps, if they haven't seen 'It's a Wonderful Life' surely it's a no-brainer?

Can't beat that for a Christmas movie for the whole family.

Word of warning, though, barnsleydave: be prepared for much blubbage all round. Plenty of tissues and a post-movie restorative tipple required.

Not sure what the ladies will need. They're usually made of sterner stuff...

Brown nose
emotion-2.gif
emotion-2.gif
I agree with the movie though
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

barnsleydave:
Its great getting feedback on these forums. Not only for the what amp goes with my speakers stuff, but stuff like this too.

Tbh I never actually considered anything old or christmassy. I was looking for new and crash bang wallop.

However after all your great feedback I had a re-think. I am going to order "Its a wonderful life" and the more I think about it the more I am sure everyone is going to love it.

By the way original film costs a fiver from cd-wow. What a bargain.

Like I said - I have ordered Its a wonderful life from Cd Wow. My mum adores weepies. I prefer stuff with aliens, car chases, explosions and gadgets but hey I have a sensitive caring side side too. I even allow the mrs to have warm water when washing up
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Surprise her with a double bill of Sexy Beast followed by Scarface. Hey, When in my castle...... LOL!!

All right maybe not. Is Stardust out on BD yet? Failing that a good old Pixar number will always entertain.

A

Anonymous

Xmas should be an occasion of really like, no question. Some say it is. Some even recommend that lifestyle would be paradise if only we kept our Xmas soul throughout for more information http://www.christmasquotes123.info/category/dirty-christmas-quotes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts