Faulty Roksan Kandy LIII amp - anyone else?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I have been in touch with Henley, who have been very good with communication. The boss has been away this week, however, so no progress yet.

I would have thought that in a case such as this, where there appears to be a manufacturing issue affecting a batch of units, that the manufacturer would be responsible for carriage though... Hope to see some progress tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

Henley have got back to me this morning and told me to contact the retailer....

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
tractorboy:Henley have got back to me this morning and told me to contact the retailer....

....Who should be responsible for the collection of the unit (that's their job and why they make a profit). As soon as it's at the dealers then we take over and ensure all is dealt with correctly. In Basshounds instance we took over because he was having difficulty getting collection arranged, this should no longer be the case.

In any eventuality, we would never expect the customer to foot the bill for carriage.

If you experience any further difficulties then please do not hesitate to contact us.

A

Anonymous

Hi Basshound, Audio Affair had the amp picked up 2 weeks ago, so I'm hoping for some news soon.

A

Anonymous

I spoke to the retailer the other day, who said that the amp had to be sent back to them, then to Henley, then to Roksan, then be repaired, then be sent back to Henley, then be sent back to the retailer, then be sent back to me.

Pretty tortuous.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
tractorboy:
I spoke to the retailer the other day, who said that the amp had to be sent back to them, then to Henley, then to Roksan, then be repaired, then be sent back to Henley, then be sent back to the retailer, then be sent back to me.

Pretty tortuous.

Seems a pretty long winded way of doing things,even so it is taking too much time IMO. I had my amp repaired and back with me in 7-8 days when dealing with Henley directly. Don`t think you or I will be visiting a certain East Midlands retailer again!

A

Anonymous

To be fair, they have dealt with enquiries very swiftly. However, the whole experience has made me realise the value of buying local; I've just ordered some speakers... from the shop down the road.

A

Anonymous

I seem to have developed a couple of problems with my amp / power amp.

I have a Roksan Kandy Mk 111 amp with a Roksan Kandy power amp driving my system. Just recently i have developed a buzzing coming through the speakers which gets louder as the amps warm up. I took the power amp out of the system and the buzzing vanished, I put it back and it returned. Any ideas as to what could be causing this.

Problem 2

The amp is left in standby mode all the time, sometimes when i switch it on and go to use the turntable there is no sound coming from the speakers. The only way I manage to get sound is to switch the amp off at the back and then back on ( I may have to do this a couple of times ) This problem never happens when I play a cd or listen to the tuner. I dont think it's the turntable as I put this in another room and ran it on my old Cyrus 3 amp without any problems.

Is it time for a new amp?

A

Anonymous

Hi Basshound

I eventually emailed Roksan this week, who said they had dispatched the amp back to the retailer on Wednesday. The retailer then shipped it on Thursday and it was delivered on Friday... but unfortunately to the wrong address. It somehow ended up at my credit card billing address, 150 miles away.It is being picked up again on Monday, then I hope delivered to me next Friday, which will be nearly 5 weeks.

Needless to say, I am not a happy bunny.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
tractorboy:However, the whole experience has made me realise the value of buying local; I've just ordered some speakers... from the shop down the road.

Tractor, when do you get your new RXs? Which ones did you get?

A

Anonymous

Hi Jaxwired, RX6 in walnut. They were ordered a week ago, but the dealer told me they might take "a while" due to it being a brand new model.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
tractorboy:
Hi Basshound

I eventually emailed Roksan this week, who said they had dispatched the amp back to the retailer on Wednesday. The retailer then shipped it on Thursday and it was delivered on Friday... but unfortunately to the wrong address. It somehow ended up at my credit card billing address, 150 miles away.It is being picked up again on Monday, then I hope delivered to me next Friday, which will be nearly 5 weeks.

This has turned into a farce and would be laughable if it was not so annoying for you. This was the sort of situation I had a feeling would arise in my case and was so grateful Henley stepped in on my behalf,pity they didn`t do the same for you.Enjoy your new speakers (if you have an amp to drive them!) and try to think calm thoughts.

A

Anonymous

Oh and i forgot to add ( as i noticed someone else had this problem too on this thread ) that I sometimes lose sound from the left channel.

My amp is a few years old now so I think i will just replace it.

Any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

brindlebullterrier:
Oh and i forgot to add ( as i noticed someone else had this problem too on this thread ) that I sometimes lose sound from the left channel.

Any suggestions?

What other equipment are you using, what budget have you got, and what kind of sound are you looking for?

A

Anonymous

tractorboy:brindlebullterrier:

Any suggestions?

What other equipment are you using, what budget have you got, and what kind of sound are you looking for?

I have a Roksan Kandy cd player , Project Expression turntable and Monitor Audio Silver 8 floor standing speakers.

I have a budget of up to £1000 for a new amp.

I'm also considering upgrading the turntable as I listen to vinyl more than anything else ( 60's soul records ) and i will have a budget of up to £500 for that.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
brindlebullterrier:tractorboy:brindlebullterrier:

Any suggestions?

I have a Roksan Kandy cd player , Project Expression turntable and Monitor Audio Silver 8 floor standing speakers.

I have a budget of up to £1000 for a new amp.

I'm also considering upgrading the turntable as I listen to vinyl more than anything else ( 60's soul records ) and i will have a budget of up to £500 for that.

Probably not a Roksan!

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
tractorboy:
Hi Basshound

Did you get the amp back yet?

A

Anonymous

basshound:

Did you get the amp back yet?

Yup, it was delivered back on Friday, but I am not back at home until tomorrow, when I will check it over very carefully considering the long journey it appears to have been on.

Given that this was a warranty repair on a good quality amplifier, for what appears to be a known manufacturing issue, I would have expected all the parties involved to want this sorted ASAP to ensure customer satisfaction and goodwill. I must say that my experience in this case has been less than satsifactory, and I don't think anyone has showered themselves in glory as regards customer service.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Yup,I`d agree with all your statements there mate.Let us know what you think of the sound,I thought mine sounded better after the repair but as it`s been so long you probably can`t remember what it was like before!

A

Anonymous

So, the saga continues. I got back home today and unpacked the amp to find that it has been quite badly damaged - badly enough for me not to want to even try plugging it in to see if it actually works.

Because of the huge amount of faffing about which it has taken me to get to this stage, I have written to all three parties, Audio Affair, Henley designs and Roksan, to ask that they sort this out either by replacing the amp with a new one, or by giving me a full refund for both amp and the matching CD player - they were sold as one item as the double pack.

I've asked that this is sorted by the end of the week, since I'm sick and tired of the whole thing. I'll let you know how it ends.

TRENDING THREADS