Faulty KDL55HX923

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

kakys2 said:
I was seriously considering getting a new Sony but now I definately am not. If I get a new tv new it will probably be a samsung (the one with the thin frame).

I've had a Sony 40 inch led for about 5 years and I've just had to turn the screen brightness up to 100%, I am very happy with it considering it was one of the first ones out.

Sorry I meant LCD and also the third new should be now. Doh.

A

Anonymous

I am seriously considering the samsung ue60d8000 now, I looked at the 55 inch in currys Saturday and it's a stunning looking screen in style and picture quality.

andy_s

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

i'd seriousely reconsider that as well, its just been tested on here and although its a thing of beauty to look at, motion is not that hot and certainly wont look good on the size your considering, the Sony will have motion nailed, you dont have to purchase from a Sony centre, there are plenty of other outlets to consider just make sure you get the 5 year warranty!

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
andy_s said:
you do well to remember that if your going to buy from a Sony centre is to check if you will get any support from Sony themselves, because the last i heard is that Sonex the people that own the Sony centres are in trouble and may end up going under.

Sonex are just one of the many company's that operate under the sony centre banner,as most people will know that sony centres are indeed franchises.

andy_s

May 3, 2010
Visit site
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/27/sonex_administration/

to be clear thats for the 14 of the 108 Sony centres across the country but unclear which ones at this point.

A

Anonymous

I have been recently contemplating to buy this sony 46hx923 after my disaster experience with my current tv from sony (46x4500),

which I posted some comments about in another forum (46x4500 or 46w4500 for gaming?). It is worth reading when considering to buy anything from Sony, as I had the same customer support from Sony (well, the lack of it, actually) as many of you with trying to return or exchange the 46hx923, and appaling tv quality that only came to light few months ago, about 2,5 years after I bought my tv. I hope Sony get the message with this latest blunder that treating customers like trash, once they buy their tv, is an absolute disgrace and people are going to choose other companies where they treat customer with respect.

My choice for a new tv was the 46hx923 or the samsung d8000 series. I wanted some LCD tv that also has a low energy consumption. After reading this forum from the beginning to the end, I am going to wait few more months to see how the new batches of the Sony tv are going to turn out over the coming weeks and then decide which one to buy, or resume my search for other tvs.

Wish everyone good luck with their returns/refunds and orders of the Sony 46/55hx923.

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts