faulty DENON dab tuner (tu 1800)

dermanu

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
:help: Hello, i'm one of those having problems with de DENON TU 1800 DAB tuner. It has the same problem as most of then have: the sound is interrupted every now and then; every 20 minutes there is a few minutes without any sound at all. The reception is perfect, as I live in Belgium, where DAB tuner are rare, nobody can help me. I have another DAb tuner (a harman kardon 970) wich works pefectly well under the same circumstances but i prefer the Denon as the sound is a bit better.

dermanu

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
:cry: I used the special dab aerial wich was supplied with the tuner, I also used an aerial installed under the roof of the house. No cure. But the aerial cannot be the problem, the BER (bit error rate) is always 0,000000, wich means perfect reception. Moreover my other DAB tuners worked perfectly well with the same aerial. Even with just a piece of wire they worked perfectly well. I have tried all kind of settings, did reset several times, no solution. Luckily, I still have my HARMAN KARDON DAB tuner, but i prefer the DENON as it sounds is a better!

SWEETOHM

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
This is a common problem on the TU-1800 model, DENON's responce is that they simply do not want to know and have simply discontinued this model after a six year production run.

The fault lies within the TU-1800's dodgy microprocessor.

Legal action needed in this case to force Denon to address their problem.

SWEETOHM

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Considering that so many Denon TU-1800 DAB tuners are being affected by this anoying problem right across the UK, and concidering that a full reset (or anything else for that matter) will not cure the problem, It is obvious that there is a serious malfunction within the DAB softwere dpt of this set.

Denon must now do the decent thing and issue a PRODUCT RECALL if it wants to save it's reputation.

DENON simply ducking and diving this problem in the hope that the issue will go away will do them NO favours.

dermanu

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I did a last attempt so solve the problem. The new Denon/Marantz service center in Belgium claimed they could solve the problem with new software.

But they didn't, they charged 35€ for nothing. I will sell the tuner as just an fm tuner. FM mode works well.

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I had one of these with the same problem some time ago. Superfi kindly gave me my money back and I subsequently bought another brand instead. You will find this has been a lengthy ongoing problem, documented on other forums. In my view it says little for Denon that they are still selling a product with this unresolved fault.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts