Fallen in love with TH42PZ85B BUT.........

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
....Im a gamer!

I have all next gen systems and use them ALLOT for reviewing games etc. This TV looks absolutely beautiful and im just getting sold on plasma overall, the problem is, should i be??

Ill be using the tv primarily for gaming but it will be used for viewing sky and blu ray movies, dvd movies aswell.

basically my question is, should i be going for this plasma set or for safety reasons go for an LCD like a sony w3000? please help as i think i really want to go plasma but i am worried about screen burn etc. I may play for hours on the same game with a hud on screen.

I have a 32 inch sammy lcd at the minute, while good it annoys me with its greys instead of blacks.

any advice will be much appreciated!!

thanks

A

Anonymous

Hello :) I'm hinking of getting this set as well, and yes, I'm an gamer too!I don't think you need to be too concerned about screen burn on the Telly because of your gamning routine. If you want a good review to put your mind at eease then head over to HDtvtest:http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Panasonic-TH42PZ85B for a really good in depth review. Happy gaming!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Duncan2112"]Hello :) I'm hinking of getting this set as well, and yes, I'm an gamer too!I don't think you need to be too concerned about screen burn on the Telly because of your gamning routine. If you want a good review to put your mind at eease then head over to HDtvtest:http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Panasonic-TH42PZ85B for a really good in depth review. Happy gaming![/quote]

Ignore what I just said! I've just had a read of the Sony KDL40W3000 and now I'm unsure too! Help!!

A

Anonymous

Ive just seen the new sammy lcd aswell. the one with the rod tint on the casing, it has a contrast ratio of 50,000 to 1 sound spretty good. but i know nothing about it!

looks nice though! man this is confusing. i want a tv thats gonna last a while so i want to get the right one this time :D

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Use my Xbox 360 and PS3 for gaming on my Panasonic plasma all the time (especially with GT5 prologue and GTA IV at the moment!). Never had any issue with screen burn and I've fallen asleep with the TV on, woken up 6-7 hours later with the same image on the screen.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I have the 42"PZ85 and have had no problems so far. Even after a 6.5 hour gaming session I didn't notice any retention or anything any other problems.

A

Anonymous

screen burn is not so much of an issue as it used to be with the older generation of plasmas

A

Anonymous

so everyone would advise to still go with the plasma?? I was just reading aload of things on AVS forums where they expect you to run some DVD "break in" for 100 hours and then not play games for more than 10% of viewing time for the next 900!!!!!!

I mean really?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not all plasmas are created equal... I wouldn't cane a new plasma with 24-hour gaming without breaks, but neither, at that screen size, would I choose anything other than a class-leading plasma.

A

Anonymous

Now I'm more confused than I was this morning
emotion-6.gif

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Well I've been "running" mine in by leaving the tv on bbc,itv or channel 4 (no channel logo's) when not using it. I don't leave it on all day about 8 hours max at a time. I have a look to see whats on to avoid the news and programs with text bars like quiz's etc. This speeds up the time it takes to get the 1st 100 hours or so on the tv.

I suppose it's a bit like buying a brand new car, where you have to take it easy for the 1st 1000 miles or so.

A

Anonymous

I can't really speak much about gaming because I don't do any. The reason I prefer Plasma is because of the deeper and more natural colours, and the fact that it handles fast motion better than LCD.

I don't think screen burn is the problem it used to be, but if you are worried maybe you should go LCD.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts