New TV for games room

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

im looking for a new tv for our conservatory which which will be used for a chill out/games room for the kids. I'll be buying the new Xbox 1s for games and 4K bluray.

i am a plasma fan but obviusulsy they are not available any more and because of the bright conditions, then LCD will be more suitable. I have a budget of £600 for the tv and 55inch is my maximum size. I have found this tv for the price range:
LG 55UH661V 55 inch, 4K, Ultra HD, HDR
The above tv has HDR and the full monty, but is it any good and are there better TVs with the same spec in this price range?

dont get me wrong, I'm not expecting plasma and oled blacks in this price range....

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Hi,

im looking for a new tv for our conservatory which which will be used for a chill out/games room for the kids. I'll be buying the new Xbox 1s for games and 4K bluray.

i am a plasma fan but obviusulsy they are not available any more and because of the bright conditions, then LCD will be more suitable. I have a budget of £600 for the tv and 55inch is my maximum size. I have found this tv for the price range:

The above tv has HDR and the full monty, but is it any good and are there better TVs with the same spec in this price range?

dont get me wrong, I'm not expecting plasma and oled blacks in this price range....
I have demoed this TV in John Lewis Milton Keynes and quite liked it. On 4K it was really impressive for the price. Nice bright picture. I am a fan of LG TVs. On normal TV I wasn't as impressed though but I am nearly sure it was just the feed. If you buy from John Lewis you have 90 days to change your mind if you keep the box though.

I like the one BB recommended too.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
I would recommend the Samsung UE55KU6400. Ive got the 65-inch version and it's excellent for the money.

just £100 more and it looks nice. What's the sound like on this BB, do you have a sound bar or are you just running through the tv speakers.. it's available at John Lewis and Richter's sounds with a good warranty, kind a fancy this TV..

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Series1boy said:
Hi,

I have demoed this TV in John Lewis Milton Keynes and quite liked it. On 4K it was really impressive for the price. Nice bright picture. I am a fan of LG TVs. On normal TV I wasn't as impressed though but I am nearly sure it was just the feed. If you buy from John Lewis you have 90 days to change your mind if you keep the box though.

I like the one BB recommended too.

they have them both at Richersounds Gel, so I'm going to view them both there and then decide. Although, I can't find a bad review on the Samsung but found a couple on the LG..... Cheers mate!

The sound is ok, as you would expect from a TV this thin. I've connected it to Sonos Playbar.

The VT65 and the KU6400 are in different rooms, and we watch different things on each. The Samsung is much brighter. I haven't calibrated it, but out of the box colours are very good. Screen uniformity is amazing. Motion is a bit weak as compared to the VT65, but I haven't changed the settings yet. I'm sure this can be improved on. Blacks are deep.

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
I've decided on the LG 55UH661V . Found a great deal on Very for £599 ! Bought on my credit card and I get 3 years extra warranty..
thumbs_up.gif

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Tv has just arrived, all setup and currently playing Xbox forza 6 and it's amazing picture.. next thing is to purchase some home network plugs for network because the wireless internet is weak in the conservatory and I'll be watching some 4K Netflix .

the speakers sound really good for internal speakers.. first impressions are very good!

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Tv has just arrived, all setup and currently playing Xbox forza 6 and it's amazing picture.. next thing is to purchase some home network plugs for network because the wireless internet is weak in the conservatory and I'll be watching some 4K Netflix .

the speakers sound really good for internal speakers.. first impressions are very good!
Superb mate.
thumbs_up.gif

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
PictureSettings said:
For gaming you really made the right decision. LG TVs have a lot less input lag then the Samsung ones in this price range.

it is really good and I'm impressed with amazon prime 4k and is better than my calibrated VT plasma for colour and brightness, so rich. It does fall well behind in the deap blacks department but this doesn't bother me because it is predominately for Xbox..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts