Exile on Main Street

Fenton Beasley

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
It's not me is it? "Exile on Main Street" sounds pretty thin and weedy doesn't it? Charlie Watts sounds like he's playing biscuit tins. I read or heard somewhere that Jagger wasn't impressed by the sound of it either. Something to do with Jimmy Miller being wasted when they made it? It's still a great album though.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Fenton Beasley said:
It's not me is it? "Exile on Main Street" sounds pretty thin and weedy doesn't it? Charlie Watts sounds like he's playing biscuit tins. I read or heard somewhere that Jagger wasn't impressed by the sound of it either. Something to do with Jimmy Miller being wasted when they made it? It's still a great album though.

Which version do you have?

Hsimmo95

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Fenton Beasley said:

I have heard the newest Vinyl realesase of it is poor! I've been looking at getting a old copy of it, or a bootleg with the added tracks but on green vinyl!

Jagger has never been happy with that album because it was recorded so roughly, out in the huge Villa in France. He is a loves everything to be done properly when it comes to shows and studio, but it was all Keith's idea (probably even more reason for him to hate it!). It adds to the rawness of the album though? So many country and blues touches in it, unreal.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the sound quality is that good. The 2010 remasters, both cd and vinyl have been critised for poor quality. The Virgin cds are meant to be the best, if you look on the Hoffman site there is a post about it.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the sound quality is that good. The 2010 remasters, both cd and vinyl have been critised for poor quality. The Virgin cds are meant to be the best, if you look on the Hoffman site there is a post about it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts