Er silly me. (And not for the first time as you know)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:
Last night I put a bid in for some Spendor S8e speakers on Fleabay, and I'm currently winning with 9 hours to go.

Silly 1: I don't need new speakers

Silly 2: It won't be an easy conversation with the missus as we are supposed to be saving to move house

Silly 3: The speakers won't fit into the space I have available when they are on their plinths, well one of them won't anyway. And the spikes go into the plinth rather than the base of the speaker.

Hmmm. Anyone want to put a bid in of £1,081 to beat my maximum?

I blame it on the wine!

I reckon they will sell for at least £1500. If you get them for a grand, you should be over the moon. Tell the missus you saw a bargain to sell on and make a few quid to add to the house fund!

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
idc:My solution would be to tell the wife that that small child you are holding is a computer genius and that she should never have left the computer on.

Or, if it gets really hairy and you are the highest bidder towards the end, email the seller and tell THEM it was your small child. A blinding story provided they aren't actually a member of this forum and reading this...

idc

chebby:

Joel, I have my old Fubar II USB DAC and power supply up there right now.

Drink some more wine tonight please
emotion-2.gif

Er silly me, and that was not even with a drink in me and it is with the wife's full approval as she knows how to work ebay
emotion-2.gif

(What are the phonos?)

John Duncan

idc:chebby:

emotion-2.gif

Er silly me, and that was not even with a drink in me and it is with the wife's full approval as she knows how to work ebay
emotion-2.gif

(What are the phonos?)

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

idc

JohnDuncan:idc:chebby:

emotion-2.gif

emotion-2.gif

(What are the phonos?)

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Can't you just be happy for me?

Anyway, I was in Richer Sounds just a few days ago and checked out the DacMagic. The bottom line is I would be paying for a whole load of functionality that I would never use. It sounds great in their setup and I am sure a little Fubar will sound great in mine.

(PS - figured out where the phonos come from)

John Duncan

idc:JohnDuncan:idc:chebby:

emotion-2.gif

emotion-2.gif

(What are the phonos?)

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Can't you just be happy for me?

Anyway, I was in Richer Sounds just a few days ago and checked out the DacMagic. The bottom line is I would be paying for a whole load of functionality that I would never use. It sounds great in their setup and I am sure a little Fubar will sound great in mine.

(PS - figured out where the phonos come from)

I am. "Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear." is always a sign of good news. Like white smoke.

idc

Good, I don't like to upset people in anyway. The Fubar was on my wish list but anyway that was exciting and the biggest impulse buy I have ever made! Finding it to buying it was about 5 minutes. So I have nothing on Joel, who must be very, very excited by now!

idc

It was'nt really a trade
emotion-11.gif
Joel should, as I have said before, sell the Bose he has cruely locked away in a cupboard, so depriving another, who cannot afford one full price, the joyous sound of the Sounddock! Thats not a trade either, just comment about buying and selling.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
idc:Good, I don't like to upset people in anyway. The Fubar was on my wish list but anyway that was exciting and the biggest impulse buy I have ever made! Finding it to buying it was about 5 minutes. So I have nothing on Joel, who must be very, very excited by now!

I am so excited. Looking forward to a tricky conversation with SWMBO, a drive up to Leicester and then trying to install the speakers into a space too small for them. Couldn't be more excited if Megan Fox helped me carry them from the seller's house to the car.

A

Anonymous

You'll be fine, Joel. As JD and others have said, it's the last 59 seconds that count, and, with that many bids in, they'll be more than one person hitting bid on the 2 second mark.

They do look very nice speakers, though....

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Lovely speakers and for just over a grand ... not bad. Almost worth building a system around them/breaking through the odd wall to make space. Gratulations.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
They are very nice; almost tempted myself. I was just about to crack open a bottle of vin rouge so better hold off from that for a couple of hours.

I predict that Bidder 12 will win the auction....

Currently listening to The Derek Trucks Band - Already Free

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Tarquinh:My money's on bidder 7, looks like a stayer to me.

Showed his/her hand too early in my opinion and then panicked when he/she was out-bid.

John Cale - Femme Fatale

A

Anonymous

No, playing a subtle hand. Bid high early to get rid of the blind optimists, then settle down for the waiting game...

A

Anonymous

Easy, bidder 7, still a long way out from the post, the run starts at the 30 second mark...

A

Anonymous

Oh no! A rank outsider! the bookies won't be happy.

Groundhogs? So I'm not the only person who listens to them?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts