Er silly me. (And not for the first time as you know)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Last night I put a bid in for some Spendor S8e speakers on Fleabay, and I'm currently winning with 9 hours to go.

Silly 1: I don't need new speakers

Silly 2: It won't be an easy conversation with the missus as we are supposed to be saving to move house

Silly 3: The speakers won't fit into the space I have available when they are on their plinths, well one of them won't anyway. And the spikes go into the plinth rather than the base of the speaker.

Hmmm. Anyone want to put a bid in of £1,081 to beat my maximum?

I blame it on the wine!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Ive got a mobile phone up for auction joel,finishes sunday,all bids welcome mate
emotion-5.gif

Dannysigma

Aug 21, 2007
Visit site
It's funny - eBay are always going on about protecting bidders but there's no feature that stops you bidding after 2 bottles of wine... Perhaps a USB breathalyser key?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Dannysigma:It's funny - eBay are always going on about protecting bidders but there's no feature that stops you bidding after 2 bottles of wine... Perhaps a USB breathalyser key?

What a great plan. It seemed like such a good idea at the time
emotion-46.gif

John Duncan

It's a well known fact that people who put a bid in three days before the end of the auction do not win. Though if you actually do want to win something, putting an actual serious bid in - ie how much you actually want to pay - with three days ago is madness - pushes up the price.

A

Anonymous

Oooohhh dear. You need lots of space for those lol. As JD said, you probably won't get them anyway. If you do, flog them for more.

A

Anonymous

I've never withdrawn an offer myself but I thought ebay had this facility?

You could cite diminished responsibility as the reason.

Dannysigma

Aug 21, 2007
Visit site
I tried to convince my wife that I didn't have a drinking and ebay problem and that I had fully intended to bid on the Paul Reed Smith guitar/old Greek bouzouki/silver teapot that arrived in the post. My cover was blown when a copy of 'Achy Breaky Heart' turned up on the doorstep.

John Duncan

Dannysigma:I tried to convince my wife that I didn't have a drinking and ebay problem and that I had fully intended to bid on the Paul Reed Smith guitar/old Greek bouzouki/silver teapot that arrived in the post. My cover was blown when a copy of 'Achy Breaky Heart' turned up on the doorstep.

CD Player, Amplifier, loudspeakers, four guitars.....

A

Anonymous

You did this before with some amps and didn't get them. Chill.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:You did this before with some amps and didn't get them. Chill.

I withdrew those bids so I'm loathe to do it again as it doesn't look good.

I just hope JD is right.

Dannysigma

Aug 21, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Dannysigma:I tried to convince my wife that I didn't have a drinking and ebay problem and that I had fully intended to bid on the Paul Reed Smith guitar/old Greek bouzouki/silver teapot that arrived in the post. My cover was blown when a copy of 'Achy Breaky Heart' turned up on the doorstep. CD Player, Amplifier, loudspeakers, four guitars.....

It's actually selling the guitars that has paid for the new stuff...

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:chebby:
Joel, I have my old Fubar II USB DAC and power supply up there right now.

Drink some more wine tonight please
emotion-2.gif

This ought to be enough:

big_bottle.jpg

Classic!! However, I reckon Joel has ripped out the keys D, A and C just in case!!

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Just had a look, at the moment the bidding is up to £1000. Can you not reduce your maximum bid before it is placed/required that way you'll only need 1 maybe 2 bids from someone else????

If you do get them it's going to take some real grovelling with the wife, and more expense shoes, handbag etc.

John Duncan

Andy H:Just had a look, at the moment the bidding is up to £1000. Can you not reduce your maximum bid before it is placed/required that way you'll only need 1 maybe 2 bids from someone else????

If you do get them it's going to take some real grovelling with the wife, and more expense shoes, handbag etc.

Nah, if somebody's prepared to pay a grand they'll pay £1082, it'll be fine. Specially on a Friday night (though shame it's not midnight for the post-pub crowd).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts