Electrocompaniet PC1

Here's question for you Electro fans: Is it worth trying this CDP over the Naim CD5i? The original retail price, FWIW, would suggest it should be better, but...

Really like the SQ of the Naim but, as from day one, the aesthetics, alongside the Leema, sucks.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The Electro PC1 is a good Cd player but not exceptional , it will probably sound a little different to the Naim but only you can decide whether it is more to your liking or not.

Would it not be better to go for the Leema player to get a perfect aesthetic match ? *smile*

Electro said:
The Electro PC1 is a good Cd player but not exceptional , it will probably sound a little different to the Naim but only you can decide whether it is more to your liking or not.

Would it not be better to go for the Leema player to get a perfect aesthetic match ? *smile*

What does it lack compared to a exceptional one?

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Electro said:

I mean the sound quality is not head and shoulders above similar players at this price level .

Electro said:
plastic penguin said:
Electro said:

I mean the sound quality is not head and shoulders above similar players at this price level .

Presumably then, its all-round game isn't as good as it could be.

One thing about the Naim is stonking dynamics and punch. That said, s/hand prices of the PC-1 should bring into the ballpark, SQ-wise.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Electro said:
plastic penguin said:
Electro said:

One thing about the Naim is stonking dynamics and punch. That said, s/hand prices of the PC-1 should bring into the ballpark, SQ-wise.

It is a common misconception that Electrocompaniet equipment is voiced to sound warm and smooth when in fact it is not .

The unfatiguing sound comes purely from a lack of distortion, but some people prefer the extra zing that some distortions can add to the sound balance so in comparison to the Naim it might sound a little laid back but more natural IMO.

It is worth a listen at the reduced price , it might be just what you are looking for .*smile*

Electro said:
plastic penguin said:
Electro said:
plastic penguin said:
Electro said:

It is a common misconception that Electrocompaniet equipment is voiced to sound warm and smooth when in fact it is not .

The unfatiguing sound comes purely from a lack of distortion, but some people prefer the extra zing that some distortions can add to the sound balance so in comparison to the Naim it might sound a little laid back but more natural IMO.

It is worth a listen at the reduced price , it might be just what you are looking for .*smile*

Who's said they sound warm and smooth?

Think I might get one soon. If I don't like it I can always re-sell without losing any money.

The PC-1 and P-1 amp seem to have rave reviews, both as a combo and individually.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts