Electric guitars

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Yesterday I went out and bought my first electric guitar and virtual amp.I notice that some of you have avatars with guitar photos, so many of you must also play.One of the best buys I've made in several years.So much fun we can have, especially with lots of guitar tabs and videos on youtube. Also bought a Technics headphones , But As always, lately ( at least for me) ,I went back and returned it,Verymuffled sound. Somehow these days I never get satisfied with Hi-fi sound products.But I am extremely happy with the guitar and virtual amp.Guitar hero is for kids:p

A

Anonymous

Always good news to hear that someone is making music. What virtual amp are you using. I have tried a few in the past but always went back to a real amp.

So what guitar did you get??

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Got a Squier bullet sunburst with white pick guard. V-amp 2 from behringer.very nice sounds from it.Very natural, not digital sounding. I love it. firts I heard some demos on youtube, as it sounded good I went for it.

A

Anonymous

I thought that when you said a virtual amp that it was a software one on your computer. The Vamp is pretty good...along with the pod they have an interesting range of effects and models.

Are you just using phones or playing it back through your hIfi? If you are then be careful about the volume and dont turn it up too loud or damage will result. Take my word for it...its easy to overload

A nice guitar to start on so best of luck with it.

A

Anonymous

Congrats on getting the guitar. I play myself too.

Used to have a V-amp2. At the time, thought it sounded really good. Used headphones and actually ran it through the hifi! However, just over a year ago I got a Vox Valvetronix amp - its still not a "real" amp in that it models several however it does use valves and sounds way better than the V-amp2. Point is, the V-amp2 sounds awesome until you hear something better.

Now where does that sound familier?......... hi fi!

A

Anonymous

jazzy639:
Point is, the V-amp2 sounds awesome until you hear something better.

Now where does that sound familier?......... hi fi!

Thats the way it goes......I sometimes use a Pod plugged into a small Marshall combo plugged but nothing on the pod sounds as good as when I am connected to my Cornell......

John Duncan

Yeah the v-amp is great - bit noisy, but perfect for practice and stuff. I have a POD which I put into the power amp of my Fender for live, but ray's right in that proper amps do sound better. In fact, am just contemplating a Boogie.......

Word of advice - what sounds great in headphones usually sounds too overprocessed live - turn down the reverb and effects a bit when you put it through an amp.....
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts