Ebuyer Customer Service ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey I am buying a NAS for my home cinema set-up and after just getting a NAS QNAP TS-219P from amazon warehouse deals, it was listed as Used-Like new, when I opened it, there was only the NAS Box in the box, no power adaptor no discs no screws nothing... Amazon have been great, but waited in for 3 days of failed deliveries, not amazons fault again, just the courrier.

Then I bought something from scan, they took 2 weeks to exchange the product and refused the 5.00 delivery as it was faulty, I gave up in the end.

I seen lots of reviews of poor customer service, but everyone writes about complaints and not good service, so before I spend 212.00 on a new QNAP TS-119+ Turbo, whats your thoughts on ebuyer, and your own customer service experinence.

Thanks a lot

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi canada16, i bought a Garmin from them last year had no trouble on the delivery front, it arrived within 48 hours. I dont know about their returns though as ive never had to send anything back. So with my experience them i would definately use again.

Regards .. Paul

A

Anonymous

Hi

i have brought many products from ebuyer. including computer compentents and tv's. i have never had a problem with ebuyer. The one time they did send me a product that had a fault, they arranged for it to be collected the following day and had the money back within 3 days as they had no more of that model in stock. i would highly recommend them!

A

Anonymous

Hi

i have brought many products from ebuyer. including computer compentents and tv's. i have never had a problem with ebuyer. The one time they did send me a product that had a fault, they arranged for it to be collected the following day and had the money back within 3 days as they had no more of that model in stock. i would highly recommend them!

A

Anonymous

Well I've just got home from work to find Hughes Electrical have send the Panny 210 instead of the 310 so won't be using them again. Ebuyer experiences have all been good.

PoisonJam

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Bought from them many, many times in the past (I used to build custom PCs for people) and only ever had to return things once. It could have been quicker and having to use the eNotes system with no option to call at all was a little frustration but overall it wasn't too painful.

A lot of people I trust (regulars on a hardware forum I use) have had bad experiences with returns. Komplett used to have the best customer service and returns I've ever dealt with - shame they're nowout of the UK completely. I've also had good experiences with Scan on returns in the past and they rarely get anything wrong. Overclockers.co.uk has by far the worst returns service and customer service in general in my experience. I flat out refuse to use them now unless it's something I really want and can't source elswhere. Dabs were also pretty bad.

Bascially, the price and convenience of Ebuyer means I'm never put off going back.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
My son and I have built 3 desktops using ebuyer and when I returned something they replaced promptly after their checks. Have been using them for 6 years and are delighted with them.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I built my PC recently from ebuyer and i ended up sending back every part that i bought, not because there was a problem. Its because i wanted a different part when i read a better review. Ebuyer had no problem with this and they exchanged it with no hassle.

I also had bought an nVidia card which suffered from capacitor squeel, this is a manufacturing fault and they even exchanged it for numerous other cards i went though.

They are fantastic, best service for online shoppers that i have found!

A

Anonymous

bigboss said:
MrMagoo said:
Well I've just got home from work to find Hughes Electrical have send the Panny 210 instead of the 310 so won't be using them again. Ebuyer experiences have all been good.

I ordered my 32-inch Samsung TV from Hughes Direct (via Amazon). No problems whatsoever.
Well they initially didn't reply to an email inviting me to change the delivery date, then they send the wrong product and now they've failed to reply to an email sent well over 24hrs ago requesting a change of product - I'd call that bad service - wouldn't you agree?

MrMagoo said:
bigboss said:
MrMagoo said:

I ordered my 32-inch Samsung TV from Hughes Direct (via Amazon). No problems whatsoever.
Well they initially didn't reply to an email inviting me to change the delivery date, then they send the wrong product and now they've failed to reply to an email sent well over 24hrs ago requesting a change of product - I'd call that bad service - wouldn't you agree?

....just balancing the experiences! :)

They're not the fastest when it comes to replying emails, but they're quite good on the phone and generally accommodate to your requests.

A

Anonymous

Apologies folks - I'm like a 10 year waiting for gear to turn up, I'm over my tantrum of disappointment. Back to transactional analysis calm! To be fair to Hughes, they have now emailed and apologised for the delay and are sending the correct model tomorrow. All good.

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully someone will help me with my problem...

I bought external wd 1tb hdd from ebuyer 6 months ago or so , and it developed fault . Everything had gone easy with returning it to their base. they even picked it up free of charge but...

I got email from them that the hdd doesn't much a serial number and they are returning it back to me !
Now it is my only one hdd I've owned and there's no chance that it could be a mistake .
Please. Advise what can be done in this case , as to simply I want hdd back in working condition , it is still on warranty.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
MrMagoo said:

Bought off Hughes Electrical via their " Home Cinema TV " site.

Got what I ordered, delivered on the day they said they would.

The funny bit was the couriers they use, advised of delivery by them of between 14.00 and 16.00 hrs and he turns up at 20.45 hrs.

robolowski said:
Hopefully someone will help me with my problem... I bought external wd 1tb hdd from ebuyer 6 months ago or so , and it developed fault . Everything had gone easy with returning it to their base. they even picked it up free of charge but... I got email from them that the hdd doesn't much a serial number and they are returning it back to me ! Now it is my only one hdd I've owned and there's no chance that it could be a mistake . Please. Advise what can be done in this case , as to simply I want hdd back in working condition , it is still on warranty.

I would challenge them, saying exactly what you've said here. Also say that you'll contact Consumer Direct for advice. It simply means that Ebuyer has been selling refurbished stuff, labelling as brand new.

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
robolowski said:
Hopefully someone will help me with my problem... I bought external wd 1tb hdd from ebuyer 6 months ago or so , and it developed fault . Everything had gone easy with returning it to their base. they even picked it up free of charge but... I got email from them that the hdd doesn't much a serial number and they are returning it back to me ! Now it is my only one hdd I've owned and there's no chance that it could be a mistake . Please. Advise what can be done in this case , as to simply I want hdd back in working condition , it is still on warranty.

I would challenge them, saying exactly what you've said here. Also say that you'll contact Consumer Direct for advice. It simply means that Ebuyer has been selling refurbished stuff, labelling as brand new.

So i did , twice!I got on the phone straight away and on two ocasions they could only say '...we are very sorry to hear...blabla' |( .

I contacted Consumer Direct as well as Western Digital. The women from CD was very helpfull and said that although this case doesn't look straight forward they can help me and investigate it.

Chap from WD was a bit more clearer , and they are more than happy to help me and replace hard drive asap.

Certainly i won't be buying anymore from them in future :wave: . They let me down in a big style.

TBH they can tell this ( wrong serial number ) to anybody on phone because obviously no one asks what is the serial number they holding in their records when you buy goods do they? There is no receipt with serial number either ! Easiest way to avoid responsibility and make money without hassle doesn't it?!

Good i've never bought a tv or something more expensive...imagine that.

TRENDING THREADS