Dynavector 10x5

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
CJSF said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
CJSF said:
stevebrock said:
So keep the brio and get a new cart?

Amp on the back burner for minute

I have also gone back to copper speaker cable too, so much nicer sounding over Rumour (silver plate)

You be carfull what you say Steve, 'prefering copper cable' is herecy on here mate . . . :read:

CJSF

No it is NOT!!! :roll:

I've state some times that in my system didn't like silver cables, to bright! My Supra are cooper with tin bath and love them. ;)

You have to draw a line some where, and Steve is drawing his...

:cheers:

They will be after you as well HiFi Outlaw . . . herecy and treason, lock you up in the Tower and throw away the key, off with his head!!! :read:

or is that 'tin bath' every Friday night in front of the fire 'love them' . . . :rofl:

CJSF

I didn't quite got that bit... :?

You are obviously not old enough HiFi Outlaw, to remember 'bath nigh, tin bath in front of the fire' . . . ;)

CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just an aside . . . sitting at the drawing board, drafting out the revised plinth for my P5, I have a smile on my face . . . :type:

CJSF

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
CJSF said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
CJSF said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
CJSF said:
stevebrock said:

I have also gone back to copper speaker cable too, so much nicer sounding over Rumour (silver plate)

You be carfull what you say Steve, 'prefering copper cable' is herecy on here mate . . . :read:

CJSF

I've state some times that in my system didn't like silver cables, to bright! My Supra are cooper with tin bath and love them. ;)

They will be after you as well HiFi Outlaw . . . herecy and treason, lock you up in the Tower and throw away the key, off with his head!!! :read:

or is that 'tin bath' every Friday night in front of the fire 'love them' . . . :rofl:

CJSF

You are obviously not old enough HiFi Outlaw, to remember 'bath nigh, tin bath in front of the fire' . . . ;)

CJSF

No I'm not... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:

CJSF

Thats because most of us (a) had plumbing and bathrooms in our homes (b) didn't live in a colliery village or a D.H. Lawrence novel (c) weren't one of the 'Four Yorkshiremen' from the Monty Python sketch.

floyd droid said:
plastic penguin said:
Never heard of that before. Are most MC high output?

Does that mean the cart has extraordinarily high MVs?

Nope a fair few coils have stupidly low outputs. A high output coil generaly is 2.5mv so you bolt into the MM phono et voila !.

I seem to remember the first cart I ever bought. It was Shure M55E and I'm pretty sure it was 5.0 MV. It had colossal volume.

So how would the Dynavector sound differ if connected with a dedicated MC phono stage?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
"Ee pet, if yuzz pour oos a steamin' hot Horlicks bath a'll show yuzz wharra got when the Rega arm height is dropped another millimetre ..."

5793984_1_l.jpg

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
So how would the Dynavector sound differ if connected with a dedicated MC phono stage?

Depends on the gain. prolly sound pretty good on a low gain. But I suspect if you ramp the gain up it will blow yer lugholes into orbit at the same vol level.

Will sound distorted if tis overloaded by too much gain . Depends on the phono if its a fixed gain mc , they can differ by quite a bit. Obviously if you can adjust the gain then the worlds yer lobster.

Summat like that anyways.

floyd droid said:
plastic penguin said:

Depends on the gain. prolly sound pretty good on a low gain. But I suspect if you ramp the gain up it will blow yer lugholes into orbit at the same vol level.

Will sound distorted if tis overloaded by too much gain . Depends on the phono if its a fixed gain mc , they can differ by quite a bit. Obviously if you can adjust the gain then the worlds yer lobster.

Summat like that anyways.

Interesting. Thanks Floydie.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
CJSF said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
CJSF said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
CJSF said:
stevebrock said:

CJSF

CJSF

CJSF

No I'm not... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HiFi Outlaw, Yep, I'm old enough to remember those bad old days. We lived in a two up two down cottage, thunder box in the garden and wash house with a wood fired copper boiler, mangle and dolly stick. a cold tap outside the back door that my dad took through into the scullery, he fitter an electric water geezer. It was not untill 1957 we moved into a house with all 'mod cons'??? and a back boiler in the open fire to heat water! How life has changed . . .

CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
CJSF said:

CJSF

Thats because most of us (a) had plumbing and bathrooms in our homes (b) didn't live in a colliery village or a D.H. Lawrence novel (c) weren't one of the 'Four Yorkshiremen' from the Monty Python sketch.

You are sugesting I should 'know my place' Chebby?????? I'm not most of us, I'm me . . . an individual who has good memories of those formative years. People we considerarte, helpfull and courtious . . . not like these days it seems.

CJSF

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
CJSF said:
HiFi Outlaw, Yep, I'm old enough to remember those bad old days. We lived in a two up two down cottage, thunder box in the garden and wash house with a wood fired copper boiler, mangle and dolly stick. a cold tap outside the back door that my dad took through into the scullery, he fitter an electric water geezer. It was not untill 1957 we moved into a house with all 'mod cons'??? and a back boiler in the open fire to heat water! How life has changed . . .

CJSF

My grans house was exactly that CJ and she had the gas mantle lighting too. Bloody hated staying there in the winter and having to trot over to the bog with a torch. Mind you the newspaper was of an easy size to read.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Really pleased I tired another cart - opened my eyes a bit now and was worried I was turning into a Rega fanboy!

It has got me interested in phono stages though, however the Brio R onboard seems to doing the business at the minute!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
If its doing it for ya then leave be for the time being Steve. Once your cart turns up and run in a bit then you can ponce some dem phonos for a play.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
floyd droid said:
CJSF said:

CJSF

My grans house was exactly that CJ and she had the gas mantle lighting too. Bloody hated staying there in the winter and having to trot over to the bog with a torch. Mind you the newspaper was of an easy size to read.

Winter, cold . . . frost paterns on the inside of the beroom windows in the morning! Happy times though, in the middle of the country. I was brought up as a country boy, rough shooting, rabbits, phesant, partridge, dads ferets in the cages, scratching at the chicken wire keeping we awake. 32 acres of common land at my front door and farms all around, fishing pond at the bottom of the road . . . great times, kids dont know they are alive these days.

CJSF

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
CJSF said:

CJSF

Thanks CJSF for sharing a bit of your live, and take the time. :grin:

In those times (40, 50's) in Portugal there were people who only bath once or twice a year...

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
CJSF said:

CJSF

Thanks CJSF for sharing a bit of your live, and take the time. :grin:

In those times (40, 50's) in Portugal there were people who only bath once or twice a year...

There are a lot of people no better off now, tears at ones heart strings . . . and we talk of spending hundreds on hifi without a second thought :wall:

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts