Dynaudio X12 / Focus 110 with Roksan Kandy K2 or Exposure 3010s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Any recommendation ? X12 or Focus 110? Will Roksan K2 fit with them well? or Exposure 3010s is better?

Need your advice. Thank you.
emotion-1.gif

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I have tried both speakers on my Cambridge 740A.

The X12's are by far the easiest to drive, but the sound from the Focus 110's leaves the X12's in the dust. The bass goes really deep on those small speakers, and the dynamics are superb. The only downside is that they require at least 200 hours of burn in, but the wait is rewarding. They are both very detailed and very dynamic speakers, but if you go for the Focus 110's (which I own myself and would HIGHLY recommend) you need to look for an amplifier with high currents. My 740A barely have enough juice.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
wot he said
emotion-1.gif
look for an ex dem primare i30 maybe? sounds great with the 110's.

nad amps probably have more then enough juice for the 110's, but i've never heard them together so unsure how they would gel.

if you don't mind secondhand, then avi lab series amp or krell kav 400.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Peter and Graig. Well I will probably go for Focus 110 as the price difference is not that much. Primare I30 is a nice amp, not only the sound but also the good looking. However it is just little over my budget. I may get speaker first then wait for the money for the I30 :).

Actually,I really eager to know how Roksan K2 perform, is it a high current amp? Since it's just on my budget. Cambridge is no longer made in UK, could leave some thoughts.

Any other amp suggested? Thank you.

mustachesound

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Kevinz,

Have you tried the X12 with the musical fidelity m3i / naim nait 5i-2 ? I've listened the x12 with the m3i the other day and it sounds amazingly smooth, details, neutral and well balanced, haven't tried with the naim nait 5i-2 yet as i couldn't find a dealer have Dyn speakers and naim from my state.

Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts