Dynaudio standmounts: easy of driving and positioning

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I’ve a couple of queries regarding Focus 110s, although any experience with Contours would be useful.

1. How easy are they to drive given their low sensitivity of 85dB/w/m and low impedance? I’ve seen elsewhere that you need at least a 100W+ amp to get the best out of Dyns, even the little ones. I’ve currently got the Audiolab 8000S, but I don’t really fancy having to get an additional 8000P if I were to get the Dyns.

2. How much space is needed to the rear wall? I could probably go to 40cm, but am worried that given their bass qualities, that this may not be sufficient at higher volumes, and they may become boomy.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I think they're quite a hard drive to get the best out of them. They provide some good bass when driven well but you're right in being concerned about proximity to a wall. I guess it comes back to trying them with your amp to see how well it gels. Then home demo if you still like them. A pain I know but I'm stuck with rear-porters that boom from the room and it spoils the whole game.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I love Dyn's sound with rock music but even the small pair do need plenty of power up them. The countour 1.3 are my favourate, amazing bass from tiny boxes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts