DVD-CD Performance on DVD Recorders & Speaker Advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Would appreciate some pointers on DVD & CD performance comparisons between my Denon DVD-1940 and the current DVD recorders. In particular, would the Sony 550 be considered inferior or superior to the Denon?

Am also looking to update my old speakers to a 5.1 setup in a medium/large sized lounge (18sqm). Budget around 1000 GBP. Thinking of floorstanders for the front pair to have good stereo music reproduction. Have auditioned the Monitor Audio Bronze setup and liked, but cannot get a good listen to the other contenders...

B&W 685 with 684 front floorstanders / Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom / Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo

Thanks for any input you can give!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Amason:
Would appreciate some pointers on DVD & CD performance comparisons between my Denon DVD-1940 and the current DVD recorders. In particular, would the Sony 550 be considered inferior or superior to the Denon?

Am also looking to update my old speakers to a 5.1 setup in a medium/large sized lounge (18sqm). Budget around 1000 GBP. Thinking of floorstanders for the front pair to have good stereo music reproduction. Have auditioned the Monitor Audio Bronze setup and liked, but cannot get a good listen to the other contenders...

B&W 685 with 684 front floorstanders / Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom / Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo

Thanks for any input you can give!

Well, I've had the Denon 1940 and now have the Sony BDPS550 (which is a bluray player and not a dvd recorder). I never really used the Denon for CD and use the Sony now just as transport so I couldn't tell you which was better. The Sony edges the Denon on upscaled dvd playback though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts