DVD and BLU RAY catalogue software

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm sure there must be plenty of you, like myself, with sizable DVD and Blu ray collections, spread over multiple rooms in your houses. I can never remember all the titles that I own but would like to have a database to catalogue them. I did set up an online account with DVD spot some months ago, went to update for the first time in ages and the site has gone! I will now have to start again!

Does anybody else use similar programmes and if so, which ones? Are they all on line or can you keep the database on your own computer?

I like the functionality of being able to enter the barcode and all details of the disc appear and obviously free is best but I will pay for a decent solution if necessary.

What does anybody recommend?

A

Anonymous

I used to use dvd profiler and found it good. worth looking at - there's a free version too

A

Anonymous

I use DVDpedia on OSX. A great bit of software - packed with features.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Personally i simply use EXCEL and made my own data base as I found all of these on-line bits of software never had the correct details for the actual disc I had due to mant of my DVD's and BD's not being UK releases and some vary rare ediitions. It is a lot more long winded as you have to manually enter all details you wist to keep but I have well over 4000 DVD's and its the only decent system I came up with and once you get it up to date you simply add any new DVD's or BD's.

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
It is a lot more long winded as you have to manually enter all details you wist to keep but I have well over 4000 DVD's

4000 dvd's? Jesus Christ.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure how long it would take you to watch each of those 4000 DVDs just the once!

At an average running time of, say, 2 hours that's 8000 hours, which is about 47 weeks - unless my arithmetic is screwy (which is definitiely possible).

Or do you run a library?

emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Best program to catalogue is Movie Label 2009, you just enter the name and it fills in all the other details and coverart for u.

A

Anonymous

I have now tried 'Movie label 2009', 'DVD profiler', 'All my movies' and 'Movie collector'. I have decided that Movie collector is best (IMO) because you can type in barcodes and it will actually find them! I entered 50 blu rays into each and each had a less than 40% success rate with the exception of Movie collector which had only one failurfe (The searchers - John Wayne).

I also found the layout to be very useable. 'Movie label 2009' looked like office for vista, 'DVD profiler' looked the best and 'All my movies' possibly the worst so it was a choice between 'DVD profiler' and 'Movie collector'. I sacrificed the better layout for the better find success rate and put my money where my mouth was and paid the £34 for the full version.

Obviously this was not a totally scientific comparison and there may have been search options that I did not find.

Thank you to everyone who responded with suggestions, they were greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Thats strange cos Movie label had 100% success for me..oh well its ok, i downloaded it for free lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts