Driving ProAc D38s

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Well had another great nights listening last night, this thing seems to sound better and better the more I use it.

One song in particular stood out last night, Skinny Love by Birdy.

For those not familiar with the track it's basically a girl and a piano and I swear it sounded like that Piano was in the room with me.

I even heard her stool creak at one point.

This track made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, absolutely over the moon with this Hi Fi, I've never experienced such realism, to be frank I never even thought it was possible. If you close your eyes the speakers disappear and you just have the impression of being in a theatre with the musicians and the instruments. More so with some tracks than others, but still really takes your breath away.

Need a rack now though, the Amps are quite tall and my existing rack won't accomodate them, and they run too hot to stack on top of each other. I need a Rack with two shelves to accomodate the Amps and two more shelves for the Pre and CD Player.

More Christmas shopping
smiley-smile.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
This crowd makes some of the nicest racks around, and they even offer a bespoke service:
http://www.hifiracks.co.uk/?gclid=COuqiJyWka0CFSEhtAodAlFenQ

SteveR750

Fantastic! What's your view now, a couple of months in?

I decided to re-build my system around some ProAcs, and overall I have made a significant step towards where I want it to be. Sometimes you have to do a U turn and re-think the whole direction. From my experience, I'd say that the Roksan amps (K2 and M2) are very well matched to Spendor speakers; but with the ProAcs less so perhaps. One thing I find is that occasionally the imagery from the D18s is almost holographic, instruments are apearing outside of the speaker / sofa triangle.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm glad you've got things sorted Steve. I'd highly recommend getting some of the new ProAc spikes, which make them much more stable - that should improve your holographic soundstage even further :)

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Fantastic! What's your view now, a couple of months in?

I decided to re-build my system around some ProAcs, and overall I have made a significant step towards where I want it to be. Sometimes you have to do a U turn and re-think the whole direction. From my experience, I'd say that the Roksan amps (K2 and M2) are very well matched to Spendor speakers; but with the ProAcs less so perhaps. One thing I find is that occasionally the imagery from the D18s is almost holographic, instruments are apearing outside of the speaker / sofa triangle.

Steve,

I am surprised but happy to hear that you decided to work around ProAc instead of Roksan amp :). There aplenty of amp choices for those ProAc babies. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts