Dream Theater

matthewpiano

Has anyone heard the new album? I love DT, and fancy buying the new one to add to my decent collection of their stuff but, for some reason, I'm slightly worried about it being DT by numbers. Anyone got any reassuring comments?

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Haven`t heard it as yet Matthew. However, Classic Rock magazine reviewed it this month and described it as `brave and inventive` and gave it 8 out of 10. Sounds like a safe bet to me.

John Duncan

Well I listened to the first minute of the first track and had to turn it off, but I like musical theatre so you can take that under advisement. The extended edition appears to have an eclectic assortment of covers though, including Stargazer (played a bit too fast), so may require further investigation (sorry to rub it in MP...
emotion-2.gif
)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I got it through on Monday, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Watched 'Valkyrie' on Monday night, so that was that night gone. Had my parents over last night for mine and my Wife's 35th birthday. Made a curry, ate the curry, parents went home, and we watched 'Gran Torino', so that ruled out Tuesday

Day off today so I'm gonna stick it on right now. The Wife hates D.T as she thinks they're a load of pretentious t*****s.

John Duncan

Big Chris:The Wife hates D.T as she thinks they're a load of pretentious t*****s.

My wife thinks that about all the music I like. Either that or they're "miserable whiny t*****s". Or, more succinctly, "sh-te".

TRENDING THREADS