Does the Samsung LE26A456 actually exist?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know that it has been asked before, but it frustratingly remains unanswered...

This Samsung gets a rave in this months WHF - and is the super-test winner - but the only product that seems to exist is the Samsung LE26A456C (aka the 457). What's the difference?

I assume not, but has the WHF team recommended a product that isn't available in the UK...?

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's definitely available in the UK - because we had to buy it to test it!

Samsung does slightly different model numbers for different retailers (Dixons, Currys, Comet etc), but the key numeric is the '45' bit.

A

Anonymous

As Clare says, it definitely exists, but in many cases its full model code is slightly longer. I bought one off The Link this week, whose full model code is LE26A456C2D. See

http://www.thelink.co.uk/hi-tech/156810/samsung-26a456c-digital-hd-lcd-tv.html

As far as I can see from the specifications, it is identical to the A457 that dealers like RS will stock (I started a thread on this a few days ago, but nobody responded to it), and it should be identical to the A456, too.

As for the TV itself, so far I have found it to be excellent! Good luck in hunting one down, uajamesh!

Hedgehog

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much Clare for the speedy response and inside knowledge. Really much appreciated.

Keep up the good magazine (and website!) - its streets ahead of the competition.

A

Anonymous

All

So the LE26A457 from Richer sounds is the same thing..?

After one on Monday..

Thanks all

Lee

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts