Does PS3 support DTS True HD or DTS master audio?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just bought a Pioneer Sc-lx71 to match with my PS3....and realize that the amp only appear DTS or PRo logic2(but the movie support DTS Master audio). I just wondering should i get a separate player like pioneer bdp-51 to get a better sound. Is it a big different whether is the movie playing on it should be.thanks.

A

Anonymous

First of all which PS3 do you have the Slim or the 'fat' version. The fat version will decode DTS MA or Dolby Digital True HD asuncompressed PCM, the slim can do the same but it can also bitstream the sound undecoded and your AMP will decode the signal itself. Both methods produce HD sound but as your amp is worth over £1000 you would probably be better of with your amp decoding the signal. Personally if I was in your position and if you can afford it I would by a decent standalone blu ray player like the Sony BDP S760, I bought one last week and allthough the picture improvement is a subtle one there is a big improvement in sound quality.

D

Deleted member 2457

garychf:I just bought a Pioneer Sc-lx71 to match with my PS3....and realize that the amp only appear DTS or PRo logic2(but the movie support DTS Master audio). I just wondering should i get a separate player like pioneer bdp-51 to get a better sound. Is it a big different whether is the movie playing on it should be.thanks.

Yes I would definetely recommend get that blu ray player the bdp-51 it's got high quality audio DACS in and will sound a millions miles better than the PS3 it will also look at lot better picture wise.

If you've got the new PS3 slim, then there's no point in buying another blu-ray player if you're interested in audio performance only. Just let the PS3 bitstream audio to your Pioneer amp. There won't be any improvement in audio performance as compared to the Pioneer BDP-51FD.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss:If you've got the new PS3 slim, then there's no point in buying another blu-ray player if you're interested in audio performance only. Just let the PS3 bitstream audio to your Pioneer amp. There won't be any improvement in audio performance as compared to the Pioneer BDP-51FD.

How do you know if your blu ray player is bitstreaming audio to your amp Bigboss?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
gel:Yes I would definetely recommend get that blu ray player the bdp-51 it's got high quality audio DACS in and will sound a millions miles better than the PS3 it will also look at lot better picture wise.

Although of course if you're bitstreaming to the amp or even sending as LPCM, the DACs aren't being used at all, so are irrelevant.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
gel:
garychf:I just bought a Pioneer Sc-lx71 to match with my PS3....and realize that the amp only appear DTS or PRo logic2(but the movie support DTS Master audio). I just wondering should i get a separate player like pioneer bdp-51 to get a better sound. Is it a big different whether is the movie playing on it should be.thanks.

Yes I would definetely recommend get that blu ray player the bdp-51 it's got high quality audio DACS in and will sound a millions miles better than the PS3 it will also look at lot better picture wise.

A 'million' times better? A 'lot' better picture wise?

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:

gel:Yes I would definetely recommend get that blu ray player the bdp-51 it's got high quality audio DACS in and will sound a millions miles better than the PS3 it will also look at lot better picture wise.

Although of course if you're bitstreaming to the amp or even sending as LPCM, the DACs aren't being used at all, so are irrelevant.

How do you know if you are bitstreaming, because the professionals set my system up, so I would not either way?

Thanks

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
gel:Andrew Everard:

How do you know if you are bitstreaming, because the professionals set my system up, so I would not either way?

Thanks

You dont have a clue how to set your system up but your absolutely convinced that the BDP51 would sound a 'million' times better and 'look' a lot better than a PS3?

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:The display on your receiver should show DTS-HD or DD True HD if you are sending audio in its raw form.

I demo with my dad on his system the denon dvd2500bt blu ray player, the pioneer bdp-lx52 and the pioneer bdp-lx71 and they all sounded different. It was clearly showing the soundtracks on the front of the amp.

So are you saying this is only the case for DTS-HD master audio and dolby true high definiton, and not dolby digital and dts, and they will all sound the same?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

We were just playing random blu ray disc's on all 3 I can't remember the specific soundtracks we tested but we defintely came out with the same conclusion that they all sounded differnet.

D

Deleted member 2457

I alway's think of this like the hdmi cable debate, is a £5 hdmi cable the same as a £75 hdmi cable, it that's the case for the picture with a hdmi cable what about the sound? is the same on a £5 hdmi cables as a £75 hdmi cable with the sound?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have tried to set my Ps3(fat) BLuray audio output to bitstream and found that my amp display PCM??...so does this setting sound better or with normal setting that my amp appear DTS or DIGITAL?......and btw guys how do i make sure that my amp playing on HD sound(Dolby true hd or master audio) ?

mike aitch

Feb 9, 2008
Visit site
if it's the fat/phat? one you have to check audio output in the playback menu (select on remote)that'll give you audio output top of screen,you can toggle between options by pressing triangle,but remember your amp will still display pcm.

cloud7

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
The famous but bored question.

Does bitstream HD audio really make big different to LPCM?

For sound performance, phat PS3 shoud be the similar audio performance to slim PS3,does it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts