Blu Ray Player or PS4 Pro

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Just got a new Marantz Sr7011 and I currently use my PS3 for Blu ray. Been happy with it for years, however it's an older one so it doesn't do Dolby/DTS HD just standard 5.1 and 7.1 output. I'd like to get the whole HD sound effect now so I'm wondering......

1. Does the PS4 Pro output all the HD audio?

2. If it does do I got for a PS4 Pro (which I was going to do at some point anyway) or do I get a £100 Blu Ray player?

Cheers

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Do you mean liner pcm? Currently got it set to bitstream and I get either Dolby digital or DTS + Neural :X on the Marantz display

When trying Quantum Of Solace If I set to liner pcm I get multi ch in on the Marantz, which according to the link you gave me in the other thread means I get HD audio. If i hit the select button on my PS3 it shows DTS-HD MA. When set to bitstream the Marantz shows DTS + Neural :X and the PS3 select button shows DTS.

if I try transformers age of extinction set to bitstream Marantz shows Dolby digital and PS3 shows Dolby digital. Set to liner pcm and Marantz says Multi ch in and the PS3 says Dolby True HD

on 3D transformers though linear pcm says Multi ch in on Marantz but Dolby digital on PS3, I then get the drop in volume I mentioned in previous thread. Change to bitstream both say Dolby digital! Appears the 3D disc drops the HD audio track even though Dolby Atmos is selected in the sound menu

I'll leave as linear pcm I think as it appears that is how I get HD audio.

tried tron legacy 3D out of interest and the audio on that when set to linear pcm is DTS-HD MA on the PS3 and Multi ch in on Marantz.

Seems transformers 3D drops HD Audio for some reason?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts