Does anyone have or heard how loud AVI ADM9.1 go?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
chebby said:

Again with the Duncan.

Who is the bloke from Brum then?

Not Duncan but #arre#.

Brum is...

brum02.jpg

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
Not Duncan but #arre#.

Isn't #arre# the one who started what purported to be an entirely independent forum called HDDAudio, but turned out to be another part of the AVI marketing machine and had to rename itself (although it couldn't manage to change its URL), with the chief Old Man in a Shed taking over moderation and the say-so on whom could post and whom couldnt, just to ensure things were kept on-message?

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
chebby said:
Not Duncan but #arre#.

Isn't #arre# the one who started what purported to be an entirely independent forum called HDDAudio, but turned out to be another part of the AVI marketing machine and had to rename itself (although it couldn't manage to change its URL), with the chief Old Man in a Shed taking over moderation and the say-so on whom could post and whom couldnt, just to ensure things were kept on-message?

yes

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
john dolan said:
All gone quiet from the AVI boys.

I have the posts saved
santino.b.it made and was caught red handed.

Was also called out on Cyrus site and admited it.

Still think no such thing as AVI shill ?

Why are you bothered?

Besides, everyone knows you mean D####n

Im not bothered but i was asked so replied to and i quote Apart from dear old Max, who are these members that are really not genuine enquirers, but mutiple personnas of the AVI henchmen? What evidence do you have for this claim, apart from Max?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
john dolan said:
Also a certain guy from Brum was caught red handed posting on a forum talking to himself and forgot to change his false name on the bogus one.

I'm a bit lost: are you suggesting that the very same person who provided the measurements for ADMs at the NEC has also in the past been caught sock-puppeting as an AVI shill on other forums?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
john dolan said:
The_Lhc said:
john dolan said:
Im not bothered but i was asked so replied

We know you were asked but one reply would have done the job.

Yes because Posts: 218 in 5 years i am spamming this forum arent i.

Uh-huh and that's exactly the point I was making isn't it?

You may have a valid point but repeating it over and over like that is making you look a little unstable, chill out a bit.

Its not like ive madePosts: 11107 is it.

Quite, you should try contributing occasionally, I tried it once but didn't like it much, you may enjoy it though.

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
john dolan said:
Also a certain guy from Brum was caught red handed posting on a forum talking to himself and forgot to change his false name on the bogus one.

I'm a bit lost: are you suggesting that the very same person who provided the measurements for ADMs at the NEC has also in the past been caught sock-puppeting as an AVI shill on other forums?

Well a forum caught him posting from the same pc to shill ADM on more than one name.

His responce was anyone else could use the pc without his knowledge where he worked.Im sure it happens all time strangers unknown use our PCs to shill AVI.

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
john dolan said:
The_Lhc said:
john dolan said:

You may have a valid point but repeating it over and over like that is making you look a little unstable, chill out a bit.

Quite, you should try contributing occasionally, I tried it once but didn't like it much, you may enjoy it though.

Why do i look unstable its not like i post all over the internet using false names is it.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
john dolan said:
The_Lhc said:
john dolan said:
The_Lhc said:
john dolan said:

Why do i look unstable its not like i post all over the internet using false names is it.

No, but in response to one question you post 6 replies all essentially saying the same thing without anyone responding to the first ones. One response would have been reasonable, 6 is starting to look like someone taking things rather too seriously...

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
john dolan said:
Well a forum caught him posting from the same pc to shill ADM on more than one name.

His responce was anyone else could use the pc without his knowledge where he worked.Im sure it happens all time strangers unknown use our PCs to shill AVI.

I'm not actually posting this right now. I think this means my house has been burgled by recidivists we all thought had become perfectly harmless forum criminals.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
spiny norman said:
chebby said:
Not Duncan but #arre#.

That's the one!

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
relocated said:
...'Put your money' etc and submit a pair of AVI ADM 9RSS speakers to an independant lab and get them tested properly and come back with your results. Then you will be able to give definitive info to the handfull of people that will be interested.

I wait with baited breath but if you don't mind I won't wait, 'holding my breath'.
Good idea! You already have AVIs, so why don't WE doexactly what you say? I'll go halves for the independent lab, and for the delivery costs if there's nothing close to you, you supply the speakers of course.

Won't cost so much that way, and will put this matter to bed to everybody's satisfaction.

Sorry Lemo, for not getting back earlier only I had a life to engage in.

You do, genuinely, crack me up. I have not the LEAST interest in knowing what the SPL is from AVI product. The only interest I have in them, is to LISTEN to them, because listening to my hifi is what I do, not measure them. :help:

If you want to prove some point sort it out yourself, I have NO interest in your meanderings. :wave:

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Never thought you'd put your money where your mouth is, relocated, proper armchair warrior you are!

Roth AV, if she was called Shill she was probably a Kiwi. We pronounce the i a bit stronger.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
john dolan said:
The_Lhc said:
john dolan said:

Thank you T, you have put it better than I, especially given that you weren't involved, till now.

It is just like going back 50 years or so to primary school playground and kids, 'calling each other out'. Which was never a good idea where I was concerned and I have no interest in such matters now.

I suppose this alleged shilling is an historical event that has nothing to do with what the OP was asking? I wonder how the OP is doing watching this carry on?

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
Never thought you'd put your money where your mouth is, relocated, proper armchair warrior you are!

Roth AV, if she was called Shill she was probably a Kiwi. We pronounce the i a bit stronger.

Lemo, read my words.

I AM NOT IN THE LEAST INTERESTED IN YOUR MEANDERINGS. I AM CERTAINLY NOT INTERESTED IN FINANCIALLY SUPPORTING YOUR MEANDERINGS NOR WOULD I LEND MY PRECIOUS AVI ADM 9Ts TO ONE SUCH AS YOU.

I SUSPECT YOU DON'T REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT SORT OF "WARRIOR" I AM. :)

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Aw shucks, relocated, stop tapping that keyboard so aggressively!

Go on, have the last word, you'll feel much better.

P.S Don't know if you noticed, but you had the caps lock key on. Easy mistake to make.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Just done a really quick, unscientific test using SPL app on iPad.

Using Stone Sour - 82. Sat about 3-3.5 metres away.

Its was flicking between about 85-90 db, with a max of 94. That was LOUD, and tbh dogs were getting a little agitated. Clear as a bell.

As I own them I wouldn't be that interested in turning them up any higher to prove a point to the Internet experts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts