Does anybody know if the Dark Knight Trilogy is in 4K on Apple TV?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

The individual parts say 4K but then the trilogy says HD. Also with Game of Thrones complete series on Apple TV is that 4K too? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just bought the Dark Knight trilogy at £17.99 and yes it’s still in 4K not HD and the picture is brilliant! I have watched the discs loads of times but I would say these on Apple TV is right up there with the 4K discs. (y)

Reactions: Tinman1952

Tinman1952

Just bought the Dark Knight trilogy at £17.99 and yes it’s still in 4K not HD and the picture is brilliant! I have watched the discs loads of times but I would say these on Apple TV is right up there with the 4K discs. (y)
Yes I’ve noticed too that sometimes Apple’s ‘bundles‘ only say HD but I think they guarantee to give you the highest quality version they have.
I bought Bladerunner 2049 on 4K disc and also on Apple TV …. And frankly I can’t see any difference. Also the Apple Dolby Atmos soundtrack sounds great! 🙂

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

abacus

The larger the image the more you can see the difference between a 4K disc and streaming, also steaming services use lossy audio whereas 4K (And HD) Blu-Ray discs support lossless audio, thus giving a clearer sound with better separation between the channels. (Not noticeable on most soundbars or all in ones, but can normally be heard on good quality discrete systems)

If you have the disc it is yours, however if bought from a streaming service it can disappear if the film distributer removes support for that service. (As Apple owners have found in the past, but hopefully (Fingers crossed) this will not happen again)

Bill

D

Deleted member 2457

Yes I’ve noticed too that sometimes Apple’s ‘bundles‘ only say HD but I think they guarantee to give you the highest quality version they have.
I bought Bladerunner 2049 on 4K disc and also on Apple TV …. And frankly I can’t see any difference. Also the Apple Dolby Atmos soundtrack sounds great! 🙂
Nice one! (y)

D

Deleted member 2457

The larger the image the more you can see the difference between a 4K disc and streaming, also steaming services use lossy audio whereas 4K (And HD) Blu-Ray discs support lossless audio, thus giving a clearer sound with better separation between the channels. (Not noticeable on most soundbars or all in ones, but can normally be heard on good quality discrete systems)

If you have the disc it is yours, however if bought from a streaming service it can disappear if the film distributer removes support for that service. (As Apple owners have found in the past, but hopefully (Fingers crossed) this will not happen again)

Bill
Yes, I bought Storks on Apple TV and it’s disappeared! Hopefully it won’t happen to anymore.

D

Deleted member 2457

That’s just bloody great, the dark night trilogy on Apple TV today is £12.99! :(

D

Deleted member 2457

How many times in total have you bought this film? 1080p blu ray first, then 4K discs and then 4K streaming? Why would you purchase 4K streaming after you already have 4K discs?
I wanted to compare the quality of them and I have lost The Dark Knight Rises on 4K disc.

The reason I'm asking is: £6 per film is a lot of money for such an old film. At some point, it'll be available for free which is when such comparisons are useful. I personally wouldn't pay money again to watch the same film.

D

Deleted member 2457

I also bought the Christopher Nolan 4K Blu-Ray boxset but I sold that. I will now sell Batman Begins 4k Blu-Ray and The Dark Knight too. I bought Star Wars on 4K discs and then on Apple TV too but I haven’t got round to selling that yet too.

D

Deleted member 2457

How many times in total have you bought this film? 1080p blu ray first, then 4K discs and then 4K streaming? Why would you purchase 4K streaming after you already have 4K discs?
Cheaper too and can sell the 4K discs for a lot of money and it’s more useful to have in Apple TV, because most of the time I never watch a disc again too, but with the touch of he remote control I am watching more movies now. I guess that is down to convenience too.

Tinman1952

The reason I'm asking is: £6 per film is a lot of money for such an old film. At some point, it'll be available for free which is when such comparisons are useful. I personally wouldn't pay money again to watch the same film.
Well now it’s only £4.25 per film 🙂I’ve bought nearly 200 films on Apple TV to date and on average have paid £3 per film. £3.99 for a 4K film with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos! Sorry you can keep your £25 discs …..

D

Deleted member 2457

I also love the quality of the 4K ones.

D

Deleted member 2457

You have Sky Q though, BB, and might not need Apple 4K though. So with that in mind I might limit my purchases in case Sky changes again and we can have it. Still got Sky HD though. Yes, you got it on Sky Q:

I suppose once Sky goes to the Internet in the future I can have access then. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

buzz_lightclick

You have Sky Q though, BB, and might not need Apple 4K though. So with that in mind I might limit my purchases in case Sky changes again and we can have it. Still got Sky HD though. Yes, you got it on Sky Q:

I suppose once Sky goes to the Internet in the future I can have access then. (y)
How come you don’t have Sky Q Gel?
It’s a much better service than Sky HD.

D

Deleted member 2457

There is multiroom with Sky Q. You can get Sky Q mini boxes I believe.
I know, still haven’t got enough though. Get this though my sister is having Sky Q when she moves into the extension! Getting another phone line and then putting in each of the extension rooms. :(

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

buzz_lightclick

Buzz, I never knew you had a high-end Anthem amp! Did you replace your Kuro?
Only for one with less hours, got one that had done around 2.5k hours fairly local to me. Used AnyVan again for delivery.
Picture on my old one was better though, need to get this one calibrated really.
Yes the Anthem was a bit of an impulse buy, it’s good but the Susano works better with my other Pioneer equipment.

D

Deleted member 2457

Only for one with less hours, got one that had done around 2.5k hours fairly local to me. Used AnyVan again for delivery.
Picture on my old one was better though, need to get this one calibrated really.
Yes the Anthem was a bit of an impulse buy, it’s good but the Susano works better with my other Pioneer equipment.
Me and you will have to cut down on our impulse buying and selling. :)

I have been watching Kuro’s on my YouTube on my TV and have to say they look just as good as mine does. Most of the Kuro videos are in blackout rooms though, and from memory on my Pioneer 5090 TV it didn’t look as good during the day. Whereas my TV whether night or day just looks awesome!

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts