Does a Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp take a second sub?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Does it work just the same?

Yes, just like one of these

21SOGw0xRDL.jpg

but £46.18 more expensive.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:
Yeah, but I don't want to buy one from Hong Kong Wan do I? *smile*

Who or where is Hong Kong Wan?

OK, if you really want to splash out, go to your local Maplin and spend £3.89 on one of these
He is one of the sellers on Amazon.
regular_smile.gif

Cheers Norman!

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
Have you bought another sub Gel? If so why?
No I haven't, I was just thinking of ways to improve my system.
regular_smile.gif

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
They work off a voltage (kind of like hydraulic pressure) signal from your receiver or amp, not current (i.e. flow). Although they may draw a very very small current, sparkies please chime in, it's miniscule and well within the capabilities of your amp or reciever to deliver for multiple subs.

I can see some people (yours truly included) who have two, e.g. front left and front right for tracking the "oomphs", and want four, so the oomphs are spread back to front as well as left to right. An x.1 receiver or amp is going to give you mono "oomph". An x.2 should give you stereo "oomph". However, AFAIK not even the latest x.2 receivers offer FL, FR, BL, BR, etc., and if you beieve the boffins your ears can track the origins of very low fequency sounds anyway (even though most of us can - we must be part elephant or something).

Some people over here with home theater (sic) rooms the size of tennis courts (and bank accounts to match, presumably) fit even more and use dedicated power amps to drive massive Jodrell Bank sized passive subs all around their rooms.

Hold on, I've just had a thought....

I suppose, if you had a mind to, you could use the pre-amp outs from your receiver to signal as many subs as you have pre-amp channels. Might try that if / when I get four subs going....

Anyone want to chime in on that idea please feel free. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts