Do you wish your equipment looked better?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I would say best of both worlds. Thats not too much to ask.. I for one think speakers stand out more than anything else in a Hifi setup. I love my sonus faber cremona's. Nice sound & finish with robe like grill cover on the front, Nice!! Sonus faber built their speakers like instruments. Can,t go wrong either way!!

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I quite like how mine looks, but I'm a sucker for machined billets of aluminium.

Something with a bit of wood (and maybe so VU meters) might be a better fit for my decor.

T

the record spot

I'm happy with my setup. I'm not bothered about having a few boxes on the rack. Currently in terms of disc spinners I have:-

Denon DVD3930

Marantz SA7001-KI Signature

Marantz CD52 Mk II SE

Panasonic BDT-210 blu-ray player

Sony PS3

Sony PS1

...probably enough to be getting on with for now! The 7001 KI-S, Panny and PS1 will be going to new homes soon though.

In general I like trying out different bits of kit. Nothing to do with any kind of self-deluded, expectation bias (it's a phrase that seems to be croppng up a lot in our hobby just now) that one CD player can sound a smidgin different from any other. I just happen to like mucking about with hifi.

That I can indulge my hobby for low cost is all the better for me - the used market can throw up some fine examples at great prices, but you need to dig around a bit, and be in the right place at the right time. It looks good to my eyes, and in the rack, it's pretty neat.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I think my set up looks fine. Build quality is the important factor for me although things have to look good as welll . I would like to say I am purist enough that the sound should overcome the appearance but that would be a lie. My current amp looks good in the rack but there is a good bit of space above it - a bigger amp will bring small gains in performance but it would look much better on the rack - hence a consideration. I really should have bought a closed cabinet!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My likes are going in opposite directions, for instance i like very, very much the looks of McIntosh gear, but like as well the Classé looks...

I'm bulding (sloooooooowly) my hi-fi sistem, and it's based in the SBT, rega DAC, Rega Brio R( yet to come). I think the rega combo looks well side to side, soft lines, simple building, compact. For speakers i'm going for the MA RX6 (piano black) or Epos epic 5 (uglier then the MA IMO) but the matching sound is going to determin what speaker is going to my sistem...

In the end i think it will not be so ugly as some... 8)

matthewpiano

Forgot to say before I LOVE the look of my speakers. I think Wharfedale got it just right with the Diamond 10 range, and I prefer the curved sides to the square look of the forthcoming Diamond 100 series.

Of course it helps that Peter Comeau got things just right soundwise with the 10.4s as well. Criminally under-rated speakers IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts