Do you know when to stop?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Potts

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm really happy with my system, it took me a solid 4 months of burning in, A B testing, and to-ing and fro-ing from hi-fi shops to get it right. I'm at the point where I can just sit back and enjoy, without being too analytical.

However, my only itch is with my DAC... it's a Firestone Fubar II. I can't help but feel that it's not pushing the performance of my Nait XS to the max. So all the recent talk of the Rega DAC has got my itch burning again. I'll have to bring one home for a trial and see what it gives me.

Otherwise, I'm definitely finished for a long long time
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

when you realize you're obsessing more about the equipment than the music.

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
Well compared to some here I've spent pocket money on my system. But the only way I upgrade now is when something goes pop.

The CD player recently went pop - so after help from here I got a new one. Next maybe the wireless headphones - all bound up with superglue and tape - when they go pop I will be back for help. When the stylus starts wearing out I'll look at getting a better one.

As I just don't want to get caught up too much

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
I've dabbled with small selection of separates and all in ones, but i think i'm not really that into hifi for the sake of hifi. I like 'good' quality music and if space and money were available I'd happily have floorstanders and an amp to achieve this, but I've been thinking more and more that my music and movie needs will be adequately fulfilled by a Q Acoustics TV2 attached to my TV. Thus films and TV and games would all benefit, an auxilliary 3.5mm from a laptop will provide all the music I need, maybe an airport express would make it neater.

Job done for less than £400, leaving the living room uncluttered and money in my wallet for other interests
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts