Do you ever wish you had a bigger tv ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Is the 64inch Samsung on our stand? Cheers

Yes.

It's not always the size but the weight, plasmas are a lot heavier than LCD for example so their for you should be able to put a bigger tv, not sure what sort of weight OLED tvs are though.
Oleds are seriously light. Mine weighs 16kg, a 65inch weighs 27kg!

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
@gel if you have a 50" plasma on your stand weighing nearer 50kg you should be fine with a 65" oled weighing 27kg, aesthetics might be a problem though with the overhang.

D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
@gel if you have a 50" plasma on your stand weighing nearer 50kg you should be fine with a 65" oled weighing 27kg, aesthetics might be a problem though with the overhang.
My plasma weighed 31.5kg, but should properly still should be fine. Yep, it will overhang a bit. A 60inch certainly looks doable.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Gel, sorry, I've just got a new (second-hand) computer, wasn't sure how to do this otherwise I would have done so in my one-reply at post number 24 - here again is my Samsung PS64D8000 plasma on the Optimum AV300 stand, sorry that the proportions look wrong. It does overhang, but not by too much, and clearly the weight is okay also - the television weighs 38 kg and there is also about another 10kg of centre speaker and instruction booklets.

Image088_2473_kB_24-Feb-2014_14h28_B60_zpseb359a6f.jpg

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Gel, sorry, I've just got a new (second-hand) computer, wasn't sure how to do this otherwise I would have done so in my one-reply at post number 24 - here again is my Samsung PS64D8000 plasma on the Optimum AV300 stand, sorry that the proportions look wrong. It does overhang, but not by too much, and clearly the weight is okay also - the television weighs 38 kg and there is also about another 10kg of centre speaker and instruction booklets.
Ah cheers! Does look pretty big, but doesn't overhang much. Cheers.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Gel, sorry that the proportions in my picture are a bit wrong, I'm still getting used to my new computer!

Hi-Fi Outlaw, wall-mounting is an idea for some, but the wall behind the Samsung is not very solid, and and it's not wide enough to take the TV. Besides, I need the AV stand to put all my other components! None of my other three televisions are wall-mounted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts