Do you Bi-Wire - YES or NO

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="MRB"]
No. I tried bi-wiring some B&W 601 loudspeakers once but thought it made them sound too smooth.
[/quote]

Interesting, what did you use on your 601's?

& what did you upgrade to??

A

Anonymous

Have a set of B&W 603s3.

Had an Arcam AVR200 and tried it and it didn't make much difference and I changed it back and it seemed better afterwards, probably a power thing.

I have a Denon AVR-3808 now which has assignable amps (for surround channels not used) so I am going to try that as I can bi-amp and bi-wire.

Anybody tried QED Genesis Bi-wire?

MRB

Feb 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="ssvirk"][quote user="MRB"]No. I tried bi-wiring some B&W 601 loudspeakers once but thought it made them sound too smooth.
[/quote] Interesting, what did you use on your 601's?

& what did you upgrade to??[/quote]I was using an Ixos cable that had pink and purple woven conductors. Pretty, eh
emotion-4.gif

I eventually traded the speakers in for some Naim Intro's.

A

Anonymous

Bi-Amp!! fronts and and home-brewed passive sub all bi-amplified by two three-channel Myriads MA360. Denon AVR-2805 as pre-amp and AV processor and also amp for surrounds...

Cables: tara-labs Prime Bi-wire

A

Anonymous

[quote user="MRB"]I was using an Ixos cable that had pink and purple woven conductors. Pretty, eh
emotion-4.gif
[/quote]

Beware of woven conductors. The high capacitance can destroy amplifiers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts