Do wires need to break in?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey just wondering as had some old QED XT wires unterminated, but bought new fresh ones which are terminated.

They are good they just dont sound the same somehow, do they need to break in as well?

daveh75

You may regret asking that question
emotion-16.gif
Have you never read a cable/burn-in thread?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
In my experience with cables, they have ALL changed with time. Some are subtle, some (especially silver) change considerably over time

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
my evolution vs cable threads: since joining this forum you first participate and argue in these kind of threads, then you occasionally comment in them, then you joke in them, then you scan some of them without posting, then you ignore them completely. then you make a post like this one. I do not know what comes next.

did I miss any significant phases? Ah, I know. then you try to change a cable?
emotion-2.gif

JohnnyV111

May 31, 2010
Visit site
AlmaataKZ:
since joining this forum you first participate and argue in these kind of threads, then you occasionally comment in them, then you joke in them, then you scan some of them without posting, then you ignore them completely. then you make a post like this one. I do not know what comes next.

Pain and death? Perhaps I've reached stage three...

A

Anonymous

Thanks rick, dont understand your post Almaataakz

Just wanted to know if they change, havnt seen the cable burn in thread will have a look if I can find.

But if its going to turn into a What HDMI thread then will drop it here

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
canada16:

Thanks rick, dont understand your post Almaataakz

Just wanted to know if they change, havnt seen the cable burn in thread will have a look if I can find.

But if its going to turn into a What HDMI thread then will drop it here

Sorry, Canada16, I was not being serious.

Seriously, I think it does not matter (i.e. cables do not need burn in).

A

Anonymous

The old ones seemed a bit crisper and a bit more trebble the new ones seem a bit more laid back, Thought it was just down to termination.

Sorry still learning all the basic stuff, I dont really want to get into a HDMI debate.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts