Do lcd(led), & plasma tvs all have cooling fans?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys! I know its a basic question, but do all flat panel tvs 2009-2010 have cooling fans? If so are they audible on low voumes? I have a sony dvd/hdd recorder and it can clearly be heard at normal volumes! Wondered if it is the same with tvs?

A

Anonymous

I dont know 100% but i dont see cooling on any other LED light source (hence LED efficentcey), Hard drives have a rotating spindle that can physically generate heat, I canot see this being applied to a simple TV display!

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I have a 42" Pany plasma which has 5 fans on the back (I think), unless you put your head right next to the tv they are silent. It also depends on the size of the fans, the smaller the fan the more noise it will generate for the same amount of air flow. Those piddly little fans in games consoles or set top boxes can make one hell of a racket if things start getting a bit toasty, apparently the xbox360 has an 1800W dyson vacuum inside
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

SpiceWeasel:
I have a 42" Pany plasma which has 5 fans on the back (I think), unless you put your head right next to the tv they are silent. It also depends on the size of the fans, the smaller the fan the more noise it will generate for the same amount of air flow. Those piddly little fans in games consoles or set top boxes can make one hell of a racket if things start getting a bit toasty, apparently the xbox360 has an 1800W dyson vacuum inside
emotion-4.gif

I beleive it's just a 1600w model
emotion-11.gif

My Samsung LCD doesn't appear to have fans, I've had a listen, it gets warm but certainly not hot :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies! Your Panasonic has five fans, thats a bunch of fans!! Looking to buy the new Panasonic 42"G20, but came across a 'noisy fan' comment on an Amazon review of the G10 and was a bit put off. It seams that if there is excess noise, then there is a fault?

fruityboy

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
hiya *** ive got the panasonic g15 and it has a row of fans across the top they are nearly silent when in operation and certainly dont interfere with tv viewing

A

Anonymous

Found an early review of the G20 and it states this model has 'no' cooling fans!! It also says the black depth is only slightly better than on the G10 and that phospher trails are evident!! I may have to get the V20 in that god awful grey!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts