do i need video upscaling and video upconversion???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
looking for a new amp to go with a set of jamo a10s, will i need the upscale and conversion function on some amps/recivers?

what exactly is it?

I have Hd sat box by hdmi into to reciever, my blu ray will be hdmi into reciever and my ntl box is by scart but this pic is very good, ( tho poss going v+ so that will be hdmi into reciever) and to cap it off i have a very good pic from all of these on my panny plasma at the mo . next year i will be getting a new high spec tv so i should hopefully gain/ keep same level of pic quality in that dept.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
bobbys:looking for a new amp to go with a set of jamo a10s, will i need the upscale and conversion function on some amps/recivers?

what exactly is it?

I have Hd sat box by hdmi into to reciever, my blu ray will be hdmi into reciever and my ntl box is by scart but this pic is very good, ( tho poss going v+ so that will be hdmi into reciever) and to cap it off i have a very good pic from all of these on my panny plasma at the mo . next year i will be getting a new high spec tv so i should hopefully gain/ keep same level of pic quality in that dept.
Scaling is simply making the picture on the disk fit the screen resolution of your telly.

Bluray is 1080P, so unless your telly can display an image this size, you'll need something to downscale the image to fit your screen. Scalers are usually provided in the source product, AV Amp or TV. Depending on the quality of each item, one might be better than another.

DVD is 576P. Again, depending on your screen resolution, the image may need to be upscaled to fit the screen.

Upscaling has nothing to do with audio.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts