do i need a dac?

adam_sb

Jul 4, 2020
Visit site
I'm using HIFIMAN HE4XX with Objective 2 Headphone Amp connected to my onboard audio on pc,

if so what would compliment that ( i know it's pretty entry level ) so i don't wanna go overboard

thanks in advanced

Gray

I'm using HIFIMAN HE4XX with Objective 2 Headphone Amp connected to my onboard audio on pc,

if so what would compliment that ( i know it's pretty entry level ) so i don't wanna go overboard

thanks in advanced
Do you need a DAC? Only you can answer that Adam.
If you haven't already seen it, have a read of this thread:
Two people there bought the same DAC.
One is wondering why he bothered, the other is glad he did.

A while back I bought an O-DAC for USB to hi-fi. It was designed by the same (no nonsense) person who designed your headphone amp. Would have been an obvious partner for it, but looks like the version 2 has been discontinued.

You're right not to want to go overboard on the price. Neither did I, which is why I gave this a try:
Its lack of a case may be a deal breaker for you, but it's fairly easy to put into a case- runs off USB power from the PC.
I've tried a few DACs, been a bit sceptical, must say I'm impressed by this one though.
As a bonus, it's got a coax input too, which could be handy if you've got an old CD player (made 22 year old Philips player sound better than ever for me).

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts