DIY Plasma/LCD Wall Mounting

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Some installers in true rip off style, such is the state of our fair country at present, are charging anything between £150-£200 just to flaming well come along to your house and wall mount your TV. That's excluding the cost of a suitable wall bracket. On principle I've told at least 3 of these professionals? to take a hike-quite literally that is, and instead am considering taking out my black and decker drill and spirit level and doing it myself for £0.00.

How easy do you think it would be to install the following: http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0095509052.1191408595@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceeaddmegdjfgicflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=417355&category_oid=

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Easy - bish bosh zoom zoom wallop. Couldn't be easier.

Until, that is, you come home one day and find your new screen shattered on the floor where the mount has pulled itself out of the wall. And then who do you have any comeback against?

£150-200 sounds reasonable to me for the time and experience it takes to do something like this correctly. After all, how much do you pay to have your car serviced? My wife's Suzuki just had its first annual service, done in two hours, and the cost was £180 - knock of £30 or so for oils, fluids and washers, and work out the labour rate for yourself.

A

Anonymous

it all depends on how good you are at DIY. just make sure you use the correct fittings and you should be ok if your unsure your local diy store will advise you what to use. if it is large screen a strong assistant would help. if you feel up to it have a go.

A

Anonymous

I fit a 42" Panasonic on the bedroom wall some months back, using the Panasonic mount... if you are into diy , follow the instructions and use the correct (recommended) fittings...it was not too difficult..worth doing to save £200 pounds...

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Fitting a Plasma or LCD to the wall is simple and anyone with a bit of sense and a drill etc can do it. Make sure to use the fittings that have come with it and if anything use more bolts and rawplugs to afix the bracket to the wall as it is better to be safe than sorry. Finally when lifting the screen onto the wall bracket make sure to do it with another persons help as these things a quite heavy!
emotion-15.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts