Blu Ray player under £100

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Samsung BDP1400 Blu Ray DVD Player

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0056008374.1222873410@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgadeffkhddedcflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=622062&category_oid=

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Wow - tempting!

BTW - you can make it a link by highlighting the text, and click the link icon and paste in the URL...
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

"I just love the 3 radically different views of this BD player on the Curry's web site! Most helpful..."

Lol couldn't agree more- never seen the player from them angles before!

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Apologies for taking this thread off course... I'd have thought a BD player at this price is quite significant so would have expected a bit more reaction...

I'm certainly tempted as have a very long-in-the-tooth DVD player but am simply put off bu the high price of Blu-Ray discs and lack of titles. It still seems the majority of new releases are coming out on DVD only.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
roger06:It still seems the majority of new releases are coming out on DVD only.

Really, which ones? There's some great 3 for 2 offers on Amazon and Play.com at the moment - fairly new titles worth owning (IMO) like Cloverfield, Transformers, No Country for Old Men, 30 Days of Night, 3:10 to Yuma etc.
Personally, I can't wait for Iron Man and The Dark Knight to come out. These are the sort of releases Home Cinema was made for!

A

Anonymous

Don't get the US release of Iron Man though, if it's region free. It's been recalled due to lock-ups reported on a number of BD players.

And yes, £100 is a great price and hopefully it'll get some press and publicity so people hear about it.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Gatwick Flyer:
And yes, £100 is a great price and hopefully it'll get some press and publicity so people hear about it.

Just one caveat to that - it's not that great a player. It's not even profile 1.1 (let alone 2.0), and is more judder-prone than most.

OK, for £100 you probably wouldn't complain, but for a little extra investment (surely they're selling off stocks of Panasonic DMP-BD30s too? And you can buy a Sony BDP-350 for £200) you can get a smoother, more detailed picture that'll do Blu-ray more justice.

A

Anonymous

Hopefully there will be some shift on the price of those models and BD discs in the run up to Christmas.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:roger06:It still seems the majority of new releases are coming out on DVD only.

Really, which ones?

Hmm - perhaps I stand corrected! Looking at new DVD releases on Amazon there does seem to be a Blu-Ray counterpart for each... I'll just moan about the price then instead!!!
emotion-10.gif

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Gatwick Flyer:

Just one caveat to that - it's not that great a player. It's not even profile 1.1 (let alone 2.0), and is more judder-prone than most.

OK, for £100 you probably wouldn't complain, but for a little extra investment (surely they're selling off stocks of Panasonic DMP-BD30s too? And you can buy a Sony BDP-350 for £200) you can get a smoother, more detailed picture that'll do Blu-ray more justice.

If only there was a decent BD player with 6 channel out and onboard decoding - or I'm looking at a new AV amp as well...

TRENDING THREADS