admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been looking for 37" Full Hd TV and matching HDD DVD for 3 weeks and cannot make up my mind.

My criteria are:

TV

37", Black, Full HD, Good colour contrast

But, not Panasonic as the side speakers make it too wide.

DVD

Hard Disk, 1080p, PVR, Multi Region, same brand as TV.

Budget approx £1200

Any recommendations?

A

Anonymous

Seriously why does it matter that the Panasonic tv is 'too wide'? Why should this even matter? This the best 37" full HD tv you can get! Why get something that doesn't offer as good performance just because it's thinner than the Panasonic? I could completely understand this logic if we were talking about human beings - as in like, choosing a partner! But we're not talking about choosing a human for sex, we're talking about choosing a tv and there is no reason that the tv in question is 'too wide' for any purpose. I mean, it certainly isn't ugly! There must be some mental people out there!

Matt_B

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
it does if it won't fit into the space he has available?

I'm having to rule out some of the screens with speakers on the side because they physically won't fit without a totally rearrange and having the screen in a position that dominates the room and ends up looking like some chavs front room.

modern living rooms unfortunately tend to have the tv area shoved into the corner of the room.

A

Anonymous

Alright if it really is the case that there really is literally not enough room for the extra 10cm or so that the speakers take up, then thats very unfortunate. I was just making the point that surely there are things that are more important when choosing a tv. I mean what kind of person would ultimately value aesthetics over superior performance? I don't know, maybe a chav?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="andy2001"]
I have been looking for 37" Full Hd TV and matching HDD DVD for 3 weeks and cannot make up my mind.

My criteria are:

TV

37", Black, Full HD, Good colour contrast

But, not Panasonic as the side speakers make it too wide.

DVD

Hard Disk, 1080p, PVR, Multi Region, same brand as TV.

Budget approx £1200

Any recommendations?

[/quote]
Have you looked at the Tosh 40XF355D reviewed in WHF jan 08.
It's smaller then the Tosh 37in C-series TV.

A

Anonymous

Burhan,

Thanks for you suggestion, however, I think I will go for the Panasonic 37" Plasma and Panasonic DMREX77 HDD DVD recorder.

BenjaminHart, you are a numpty aren't you?! Or course the width is important. the 37" Panasonic LCD is as wide as most 40" TVs. If I had room I would go for one of them, but I don't, that's why I said that TV was too wide! As for your suggestions that looks don't count, well they do, I have to sit in front of the damn thing everyday! To take your argument in context would you buy a pink tv as long as it had the best picture?! I think not.

A

Anonymous

Nah mate I'm not the one who's going to buy an inferior tv because it's about 10 centimetres thinner than another tv which is superior. Like I said, we're not talking about supermodels we're talking about an item for which beauty isn't conditional on it being below a certain width. It certainly hasn't come into contact with any proverbial ugly sticks. I don't see how it can literally not fit in a room - unless you live in a camper van or a cardboard box or something. As for buying a pink tv - well that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. I don't think any manufacterer is going to produce a high-end tv and have it only available in pink are they?! Anyway, if that was the case then no - you're right - I probably wouldn't buy it even if it was superior to every other tv in it's class. However, we are not talking about buying a pink tv - talk about taking something way beyond it's intended point - we're talking about a few extra centimetres. What?? A 37 inch tv nearly as wide as... a 40 inch! Oh my God!! Shocking!

[quote user="andy2001"] Or course the width is important.[/quote]

Of course. Er, why exactly? Do you live in a camper van?

You know what Andy, to be honest, I couldn't care less what tv you buy. Although I've heard there are some great performers in Maplin...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="richardjlarby"]you've spelt dilemma wrong by the way.[/quote]

You see, I'd always argue for the spelling I was taught at school, which was dilemna, though it no longer seems to be in any dictionaries. The 'double-m' spelling seems to have become universal these days, unfortunately...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]the spelling I was taught at school, which was dilemna,[/quote]

Yes, I used to chalk 'dilemna' on my slate as well. We also had spell check - ruler across knuckles.

I think the Panny (37lzd?) is a good choice but would still argue that, at 37", full HD would not be high up on my spec. list. The 37px would suit your size requirements much better.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="david1997"]Panny (37lzd?) [/quote]

Sorry!! I've just spotted that you went plasma not lcd. Smacked wrist to go with ruler!

A

Anonymous

Nope Davey1997 he never specified that he wanted plasma over lcd. You must be imagining things! Also Dave, have you actually spent a substantial amount of time comparing numerous full hd 37" sets to hd ready 37" sets?

A

Anonymous

37" full HD is surely pointless, unless you sit with your nose against the TV you won't see it.

Also if your TV has to go in an alcove 10cm might be crucial.

R

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts