Digital Video Essentials HD Basics

jr1948

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,I have been an avid reader on this forum for ages and have now joined and this is my first post.My tv is a Samsung le40a656 with Sky HD Panasonic dmpbd35 blu-ray Denon avr1909 and Kef speakers.My question is am i getting the best picture i can, i currently use the tv settings from **.Would i get any better by having digital video essentials hd basics if so where can i get one i need region B but there does not seem to be any stock only region A.I have my sky box set to auto but still think the picture should be better on SD.Any help please Thank you

michael hoy

jr1948:Hi all,I have been an avid reader on this forum for ages and have now joined and this is my first post.My tv is a Samsung le40a656 with Sky HD Panasonic dmpbd35 blu-ray Denon avr1909 and Kef speakers.My question is am i getting the best picture i can, i currently use the tv settings from **.Would i get any better by having digital video essentials hd basics if so where can i get one i need region B but there does not seem to be any stock only region A.I have my sky box set to auto but still think the picture should be better on SD.Any help please Thank you

Hi jr1948,

Welcome to the forum, hope this is your first of many.

Yes, you would get more out of your TV by calibrating it, you can purchase the DVE disk here, this is an alternative.

A

Anonymous

You can get the DVE essentails disc from play.com. £14.

michael hoy

slewis:Have you tried amazon.

Hi,

I checked Amazon Uk, they sell through a third party, and one of the sellers states you need a multiregion player, I would expect these discs to be region free.

That is why I put in the link to Movietyme, they guarantee region free discs.

Play.com 6-8 weeks delivery.

jr1948

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Michael hoy thank you very much for your reply.I did check Amazon and was not sure,also rang Play.com they said it is region 2 whats that is it the same as region B.I will give your first link a try.Also have you got any comments on your other suggestion,is it as good as d v e or better

jr1948

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I have today ordered Spears&Munsil High Definition Benchmark,its more expensive than Digital Video Essentials HD Basics,but its in stock and region free.I will give it a go and report back my findings

A

Anonymous

jr1948:I have today ordered Spears&Munsil High Definition Benchmark,its more expensive than Digital Video Essentials HD Basics,but its in stock and region free.I will give it a go and report back my findings

Does anyone else have experience of using the Spears & Munsil calibration disc? Recommended?

Cheers

LL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts