BR with 2chan PCM/HDMI & 5.1/digital audio at same time

KevinTNZ

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking for a BR player that will allow different digital audio from two difefrent outputs.

Let me explain why;

In my lounge I have all my AV system; BR player, SkyHD and Asus media player. All are connected via HDMI to my Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver. Form the receiver HMDI to my Sony TV for video and sound output to 5.1 speakers via the Onkyo.

I want to have the ability to view Sky, media player and BR from the TV in the bedroom. I used to do this as all the devices have component video and analogue stereo output so I sent those signals to the TV in the bedtroom... I now want to change that connection to HD.

I have a HDMI splitter after each device - one output goes to the receiver and the other to a HDMI switch which then passes the selected signal to the bedroom TV.

Now, this wouldn;t be an issue if the Samsung 32F5500 did what it said it did; was able to receive Dolby or DTS signals and downmix them - it doesn't and I'm in "conversation" with Samsung on this. So what I need to do is have 5.1 digital audio from each device to the receiver and stereo PCM from each device over the HDMI. So the config is like this;

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks

Kevin

KevinTNZ

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
13567681764_3ecdf3cd7d.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7363/13567681764_3ecdf3cd7d.jpg

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Kevin

I have an Onkyo 905 and it has 2 HDMI outputs, why not use the other HDMI to connect to your bedroom? Surely you would get a better picture that way compared to splitting the signals. All you need is a harmony or oneforall remote to control the inputs connected to the Onkyo.

Best Wishes

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts