Diff. Technical specification Web VS Manual Book

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have Epos M12.2 and want to buy new amp. Somebody can help me about Amp compatibility for my epos?

I read from the manual instruction book from the box Amp copatibility is 50-150 watt, but from web site is different :

Technical Information
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Power Handling: 120 Watts Max
spacer.gif
Frequency Response: 54Hz - 20kHz
spacer.gif
Impedance: 8 Ohms Nominal
spacer.gif
Sensitivity: 87dB/1 watt/1 metre
spacer.gif
Amplifier Compatibility: 25 - 150 Watt
spacer.gif
Configuration: 2 Way
spacer.gif
Weight: 8kg
spacer.gif
Size W x H x D (mm): 200 x 375 x 250
spacer.gif
Finish Type: Real Wood Veneer
spacer.gif

A

Anonymous

To be honest, the more power, the better, so go for the high side of the range. This will make it easier for the amp to control the speakers and will reduce the likelihood of causing damage to the amp from overloading it, or the speakers from a lack of control from the amp. You could easily use a 200WPC amp and you'd be much better off than a 25WPC amp!

A

Anonymous

thank dougolada, i'm going to buy rotel ra 05 se 40 wpc, it's good idea?

A

Anonymous

I would be inclined to go for something with a bit more grunt than 40 WPC

A

Anonymous

Thank you, how about your CA 740 A? how about the sound?

A

Anonymous

Well there's certainly plenty of power, that's for sure, as I'm currently running a pair of Dali Suite 2.8 floorstanders which have a nominal impedence of 4ohms and recommended amp power of 30-160 W and the amp drives them with ease. I think the build quality of the 740A is very nice indeed, it's very solid! As for the sound, it produces very clear, crisp sound and plenty of grunt. I am discovering how important it is to get a good match between amp and speakers. My advice, go to your local dealer and try as many combinations as you can. Take your own music with you, and your own speakers and see what amps suit your speakers. Some will make them sing, others just won't do them justice. Don't be seduced by the salesman, trust your own ears and if you're not sure, walk away and come back another day to try again.

T

the record spot

There's a great looking Sansui AU-317 up for grabs on ebay with a week to go on it. Opening bid is £50 which is good. It's a cracking little amp, 50wpc, but more likely to be nearer 60 IMO, as they conservatively rated their amps capabilities. I think it has a pre-out option too, so you could add a power amp later on if you wished. Great range, great amps, well worth considering.

EDIT: However, that said, there's more than just "wpc" to think about, but if you're on a budget, then Teac's AR650 amp is 100wpc, but doesn't enjoy great reviews - 3 star I think, so not too bad, but for the money, at that price range, you'd probably need to look at Yamaha's AS700 at £400, Harman's HK980 at £250-£350, NAD's C355 BEE on discount in Richers if there's any left and older vintage models like mine which you'll get for around £200 and allow a further £100 or so for a service on top.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts