Dialogue not always clear.

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Have another question before spending my hard earned cash.

Dialogue for TV programs isn't a problem,most DVDs are ok,but some are poor,Collateral for instance,terrible,crash/bangs are fine.At the moment current amp is a Denon 1905 bought after reviews in the mag a few years ago.DVD player is a Toshiba,bought recently because it had a scart on it & i'd read good things about it somewhere.Front speakers are Mordaunt Short 902i & centre is the 905i,surround are 2 ,902i.Surround & effects are fine.

Front & centre are bi-wired.

But as i'm about to spend the hard earned thought i'd ask about the dialogue.

So what is the most important for dialogue, the amp,centre speaker or the DVD player when funds are limited to about £1500.

A

Anonymous

I expericend similar problems with my Denon 1906 and Wharfedale 9's,i purchased the next size up center speaker and that had clear improvements,its important to keep the tweeter size matched with the front speakers to maintain cohesion and balance though.I think the bigger cabinet just moved more air thus meaking it bassier and louder.
Please bear in mind im not a techie this is just my opinon based on my own experiencs.Also i've found that the audibility of the dialouge varies from film to film regardles of hardware.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts