Di Pole surrounds, positoning..............

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I have KEF di pole surrounds, see sig below, and because of our lounge layout they are pretty much right and left of the viewing/listening position

They are on brackets and are currently angled in by about 30 degress, and they sound pretty good

Is there any hard and fast convention that says they should be parallel to the wall (as if they were wall mounted flush to the wall), and if so is either side of the listener an optimum choice?

Seem to think that I read somewhere that angling in can improve dispersion.................does that makes sense??

A

Anonymous

i have often wondered about this as i have mine set up in exactly the same way as you do (one either side of the sofa angled in), i dont have any other choice given my room layout, im pretty happy with the effects i get from them though, fwiw i have them mounted about 1M from the floor on some fairly basic stands, id be curious if anyone else has ha dthe chance to play with a number of alternative placements.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Dipoles and tripoles are designed to work mounted flush on side walls. They're not designed to be angled, but of you feel they work better that way, then there's nothing stopping you using them that way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts