Devialet Expert 120 + Focal Aria 936

Lilitti

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Hi, how do you see this pair?
It may be accessible for me for around 5,500 $ used. I would audition it before of course, I just want to know your opinion on the pair in order not to waste time in case there are underlying issues.
I mainly listen to rock, jazz at low-medium volumes in a 400 sqft room.

Thanks!

Lilitti

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
I liked them and bought them... 5,500 USD, they are 4-5 years old but perfect in every detail.
A very delicate sound, I love it! :hearteyecat:
Certainly a big jump from the Bose 321 I was using before.
Just one oddity: the remote wheel is a hit and miss, as if there were some RF interference in the room. I am using the iPhone app to control the volume in the meantime, not a big deal. The thing worked flawlessly at the seller's place.

1620279836361.png

1620279853160.png

1620279871932.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jjbomber

Lilitti

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Rocking hard with Deep Purple right now! :devilish:

Update on the remote issue: I opened the remote and cleaned the internal wheels, now it's working again :)
I think there is a design flaw anyway: a small, metallic and perfectly smooth wheel rotates against a larger plastic wheel with a rubber o-ring. Even a thin layer of dirt or grease is enough to make it slide. I don't know whether it's made on purpose to avoid sudden volume increases in case one rotates the knob very quickly or simply an oversight.
It would be more functional if also the small wheel had a rubber o-ring around it.
Anyway it works now and in case it happens again it's just a 5 minutes work.
In case something similar happens to you, feel free to get in touch for guidance.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts