Desperate speaker help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Hope you can help I've due to move back to the UK after living in Singapore for a number of years and because of this I have been totally out of the loop with what kit I should be thinking about auditioning.

I have a Onkyo TX-SR805, REL Stadium 2 sub &
currently a PS3 slim Which I'm very happy with but would like some new
speakers (Front L&R, Center & rears) Floorstanders or
standmount (have a understanding wife!)

I have around £1500 to play with. My lounge is 5.5m x 4.7m with a glass
wall at one end of the room. Movies 60%, Games 30%, Music 10%

What should I have on my ear auditioning list that will work well with my existing kit?

Many thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

After re-reading your initial post, you do not require a sub-woofer, so if you were to purchase the Monitor Audio package less the sub-woofer and bargain/haggle on the price, 1,500GBP might just be attainable.

A

Anonymous

Cheers, dantan I remember the RS6, very good speakers by all accounts. How does the new package compare?

A

Anonymous

sorry dantan, I see you have a link, looks promising any other manufactures I should be auditioning?

A

Anonymous

You are welcome, mate.

I have not listened to the new Monitor Audio RX range but I did listen to the superceded RS models, and they were fantastic for the money.

I would also suggest to check out the B&W 600 series loudspeakers and the Mordaunt-Short Aviano and Mezzo ranges.

All these loudspeakers have quite different sonic signatures, and an audition is a must for you to be able to decide which sonic signature you like most.

Dan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts