Desktop/living room speaker advice sought

Eyechild

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
First time poster here! Not sure if this is the right thread to post this in but here goes...

I'm not a Hi-Fi nut really, but am looking to get decent-ish pair of speakers I can run through an ipad/laptop (either with leads or via Bluetooth). It's to go into my living room, which is not huge – basically two reception rooms converted into one in a small two bed terrace. Be nice to fill it with sound, though probably not going to really hammer it that often (walls are thin and I like my neighbours!). Budget around £300.
The options I'm looking at are:
Nocs Ns2 V2: really like the modern style of these and they have been well recieved sonically. Maybe slightly concerned as they don't seem to be that long-established a company. On the plus there's a 20% off deal justnow. They have bluetooth.
Ruark Mr1: Think these look great again and by all accounts the sound is fantastic. Lots of great reviews. Quite pricy I guess. Also have bluetooth.
OR
I was also thinking of the Audioengine A5+ speakers... I have the A2s in my home office/studio and am very impressed by them... the sound quality is very impressive for the size. For a bit more money I could get the A5s which seem to be a slightly more serious speaker (though no default Bluetooth connectivity - not that that's necessarily a dealbreaker).
Does anyone have any thoughts on these options, or any other input?
Advice greatfully recieved!
Tom

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Hi and welcome......*bye*

This is becoming a very common question and the answer will depend on exactly what you are after.

With the addition of the Q Acoustics BT3 you have identified the best options available if you want a simple and virtually complete solution to your requirements. I would vote for the Audio Engine myself and add an AEX or bluetooth receiver, though that will be at the top of your budget and it is only my opinion.

On the other hand, if you are prepared to think 'outside the box' then there are far better options available sound wise. It depends a lot on you, an AEX and a pair of Yamaha HS5 active monitors can be had for a little over £300 if you look around, 'features' are negligeable but the sound is way, way beyond anything discussed so far.

TRENDING THREADS