Denon review?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Do any of you guys at the mag know when you might be reviewing the denon s302 system?

I saw it at the show and thought it was fantastic and was sold on it sraight away,especialy when one of the denon guys demonstrated the wireless networking.

anyway,i would love to know what you think of it before i part with my hard earnt.

Juzzie Wuzzie

Steve - did you happen to notice whether the 302 allows you to upgrade the speaker wire. The Denon website mentions 'colour coded connectors' which worry me.

I would have looked at the Show, but was too taken back with some representative going on about "some f***king idiots playing Metallica" to care to chat to the Denon people. Ironica given that Cyrus used Metallica in their surround sound demo and it was fab!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Juzzie Wuzzie"]Ironica given that Cyrus used Metallica in their surround sound demo and it was fab![/quote]

Ironica = some new form of heavy metal?

A

Anonymous

Hi Juzzie-I actually asked the denon guy about that myself,and he told me that it would be possible to upgrade the wire.
However,if you go on to the denon website you can have a look at the back of the machine and there does not appear to be any normal type speaker terminals or binding posts.
From that i think the guy may have been a bit confused/telling porkies,but he did also say that the supplied wire is of high quality and after having a peep around the back of one of the speakers the wire did look pretty substantial.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Haven't had one of these systems in yet, but on some of these systems it's possible to open up the dedicated speaker plugs and change the wire if required.

Juzzie Wuzzie

Issue is that I want to "plumb" QED SA XT into the walls first, and keep the Denon wire for the "sell in two years" upgrade path.

Andrew E - perhaps a head to head battle between the Denon S-302 and the Arcam Solo 2.1. Happy to lend my ears, for a fee, to take away the winner?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Juzzie Wuzzie"]Andrew E - perhaps a head to head battle between the Denon S-302 and the Arcam Solo 2.1. Happy to lend my ears, for a fee, to take away the winner?[/quote]

Few problems there:

1) Denon £1000 inc speakers, Arcam £1500 (ex speakers AFAIK) - so hardly comparable

2) You'll have to talk the review crew into doing it, not me.

3) A fee??? Not sure I know what that word means.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Juzzie Wuzzie"]

Very comparable - the Arcam just needs to be 50% better!

[/quote]

Well, add on two Arcam Muso speakers at £140 a pop, plus an Arcam Logo subwoofer at £500, and the tag's up to £2280. So it'll have to be at least twice as betterer...

emotion-14.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts